2jz ecu on a 1j, code 78, wont start now...

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
i've had a lot of trouble with my 1j lately. first it ran really rough and rich, it choked and bogged like crazy. it was tough to drive with the a/r in the 9s and it idled like crap around 4-500 rpms. during daily driving it would be pig rich in the 9s then during wot it would instantly hit 14+...

now it wont start, even when it ran like crap it started but i can hear the fuel pump priming. it sounds like its going to start but it never catches, it just turns over and over. right now with the 2jz ecu im throwing code 78 and 47. let me know if you guys can help me. btw i never fixed the old problem either, i just replaced my map sensor and got rid of code 31... i also went from 1jz ecu to 2jz ecu.

thanks, toua

here is a link to my old thread: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105793

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
code 78 is fuel pump ecu, youll throw this no matter what unless you get the fuel pump ecu.

code 47 is sub TPS sensor (traction control) so you wont be able to get rid of that either

question for you, did you run 3 new wires to the injectors for running sequential? i ask because i didnt the first time around and the car would do the same thing, just crank and crank. after talking with Tissimo it seemed like the ecu was shutting off into safe mode and not allowing the car to start. so if you havent run the other three wires, that is most likely what your problem is

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
Who did your wiring harness?

Like BigZ said, you will need to run 3 additional injector wires for sequential firing.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
Bigzavs;1421780 said:
code 78 is fuel pump ecu, youll throw this no matter what unless you get the fuel pump ecu.

code 47 is sub TPS sensor (traction control) so you wont be able to get rid of that either

question for you, did you run 3 new wires to the injectors for running sequential? i ask because i didnt the first time around and the car would do the same thing, just crank and crank. after talking with Tissimo it seemed like the ecu was shutting off into safe mode and not allowing the car to start. so if you havent run the other three wires, that is most likely what your problem is

OneJSupra;1421858 said:
Who did your wiring harness?

Like BigZ said, you will need to run 3 additional injector wires for sequential firing.

well my patch harness was made by dr. tweak and he did leave me 6 wires to wire for my injectors, for the sequential fire system. i wired them in but just incase i wired them wrong can you guys tell me how they should have been wired? anything else you guys can think of? so the fuel pump ecu code shouldn't have any affect on my car because i have the 12 volt mod to bypass it and neither will the sub tps code because i have no traction control?

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
no i don't have another 2jz ecu, i have a 1jz one but it still does the same thing... i was thinking the timming could have jumped

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
ya, check the timing

but if you want to check another 2J ecu, just let me know, i could send one up to ya to try out since youre pretty damn close up in OK. got an aem now so its just sitting around

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
ok thanks man, if i can't find a local one i'll let you know and i'll pay for all the shipping fees