2jz ct12b differences?

youp

destruction in progress
Aug 13, 2007
Haarlem
Zerocool;1054062 said:
Good stuff thank you youp! How much different are the USDM turbos compaired the JDM counterpart? What kind of work are you looking at getting two front usdm turbos on a 1jz other then making a bigger Y-pipe?

its like FSLANE88 said, if you can make the 4 bolt patern of the turbo to match the three bolt patern on the manifold, youre there!
and because the rear turbo is more to the back of the engine you'll need to bang-up the firewall for about 1 inch.

if you got the parts its almost a direct fit! you'll need to make a costum y-pipe and DP, costumize the IC piping from the turbo's.

the turbo oilline and coolant is with a little bending ready to fit, but i've done this on a 2JZ bottom-end and thats about 1.25 inch higher then a 1 JZ. dont know with a 1JZ.

i will make some pics soon, the pics from the built are gone...::shrug::

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Forgot about the oil lines, I am using the factory 1JZ oil rubber return hose for both turbos. When I do the setup again though I am defintely going to get ARZ's AN fitting flanges and then make stainless braided hoses to fit. Will be so MUCH simpler!!!

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
youp;1056008 said:
its like FSLANE88 said, if you can make the 4 bolt patern of the turbo to match the three bolt patern on the manifold, youre there!
and because the rear turbo is more to the back of the engine you'll need to bang-up the firewall for about 1 inch.

if you got the parts its almost a direct fit! you'll need to make a costum y-pipe and DP, costumize the IC piping from the turbo's.

the turbo oilline and coolant is with a little bending ready to fit, but i've done this on a 2JZ bottom-end and thats about 1.25 inch higher then a 1 JZ. dont know with a 1JZ.

i will make some pics soon, the pics from the built are gone...::shrug::
what i was thinking about doing is taking my 1j mani's off, cutting the 3 bolt flange off, then welding on the 4 bolt flange :) and bam your done. they will sit in the same position so no banging of the firewall and no worries about the oil lines!

what do you think?

also if i take the butterfly out of the y-pipe dont you think that would work just fine also?

the only other thing that is an issue is the turbo that doesnt have a wastegate :(