2jz cams into a 1JZ head

porsches4lunch

Sep 11, 2007
Miami
From what i have read you have to machine 2JZGTE cams into a 1JZGTE head but there is machine work that needs to be done. Could someone tell me what EXACTLY needs to be done to see if it is worth while? Thanks

porsches4lunch

Sep 11, 2007
Miami
Any pics to go with that? I am having a hard time following with all the BS that was posted on the thred OMG :runaway:

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
you have to have the oil seal parts machined down to fit the 1JZ oil seals, and the first journal on the exhaust cam has to be widened to fit in the 1JZ head. if you have a set of stock 2J cams i can get em machined for about $90 bucks or so. that covers machining costs, gas, and return shipping

porsches4lunch

Sep 11, 2007
Miami
Bigzavs said:
you have to have the oil seal parts machined down to fit the 1JZ oil seals, and the first journal on the exhaust cam has to be widened to fit in the 1JZ head. if you have a set of stock 2J cams i can get em machined for about $90 bucks or so. that covers machining costs, gas, and return shipping

Thanks, i appreciate that. Where do i send the cams and how can i get in touch with you? you have a number?