2jz alternator question

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Ya I did. And it still isn't charging. I'm baffled.

Also, if I disconnected my oil pressure switch (on the oil filter/oil cooler) would my engine enter limp mode? I'm thinking maybe since the oil pressure switch is disconnected it is not controlling the vvti properly and I can't rev over 3000. I had put my 7MGTE oil switch in there to allow my stock gauge to show oil pressure.

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
I hooked up my wiring for the check engine light. Got codes 21 and 31. So I think the reason it won't rev past 3000rpm is because of my AFM. Of course this is a 2JZGTE VVTi aristo engine so it has a AFM. I only got the meter with my engine and not the pipe that goes with it. So I just made a 3 inch intake pipe and centered the AFM on the inside. But I think maybe I need the actual correct pipe...

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
But I had another opinion about it. I relocated my battery to behind the passenger seat. I grounded it on the door sill on a bolt there. Should I run a ground from the battery to the block as well? The block is grounded to the frame rail also. But would the additional battery to block ground possibly clear some codes?

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Are you trying to use the 7M ECU with the 2JZ engine? If so, I would suggest you fix the codes 21 and 31 which have nothing to do with the battery ground by the way.