2JZ/1UZ wiring into MK3

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
So I am pretty much done with 99% of the physical work in my SC300-T swap. I have been using a lot of information posted on http://www.1uzsupra.com Granted the 2JZ and 1UZ are different motors but they both integrate very similarly into the SC300/400 chassis and harnesses so forth.

I have been reading and decoding Bryan and Mikes posted PDFs on how to sort out the wiring.
I have decided to make it a little easier to decode and lay out as the formatting and definitions of what wire corresponds to what gets lost in the arrows formatting

So I basically made this table which is straight forward. It pretty much eliminates all the guessing as to what the PDF's and pictures mean.

WiringSheet.jpg

This spreadsheet documents MIke's and Bryan's work as posted on the website. What I would like is to better understand what is connecting to what. I think this sheet will simplify a lot of the guess work and make doing this swap a little easier. As I gather missing information I will update and repost the sheet to reflect the new data.

I will also try to correctly identify all the Plugs and name them correctly.

I would also like to identify the function of each wire so we know what is doing what. This could always help troubleshooting electrical gremlins in swaps.

Some Questions I have:

Do I have to supply switched power and ground to the SC ECU? of will the wiring and spliced accomplish that along the way? I have not tested to see if my ecu has power with IGN-ON yet.

LINE21-22: Do i have to run 10-12gauge wire from by 7M fuse box to under glove box?
LINE23: Fuel I have no idea where the green wire goes nor do I see a reference white/black wire? Help?

I hope Bryan (Viper92086) can chime in since he is local.

mk3front.jpg

Got all the rusty crap of the car and installed some new/used now primered parts in place ... and opened his eyes for him :)

Last edited:

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
So finally made some time to work on the Supra. Viper (Bryan) was kind enough to return my call and we went through his original document. I believe I have most of what I need sorted out. I now have a small issue of when I turn the key, the starter sound like someone hit it once with a screwdriver. (TAP!) it doesnt crank. but if I apply 12v directly to the starter. starter cranks like normal. I will keep fighting at it. At least now I have some sort of Key response. If anyone has had similar issues on 2J or 1J swaps please chime in.

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
I am actually using an older 2JZ Aristo swap to asssit me as well. (Satan's post here ... http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...risto-ECU-Harness-in-91&highlight=wiring+peer )
I am going to make it simple and clean and outline the BASIC and minimal wires needed to get the car(s) started. other fancy things like gauges and heat will come later.

So far.... I have the car cranking with the key correctly. (My starter wire was the thick B1- Black/White wire)
I have power to the ignition coil on the 2JZGE 2 pin Harness plug (12v on both pinouts)
I have power to the 2JZGE Igniter.

I do NOT have any power to the 4pin distributor plug. thus I have no spark. I have only supplied my 2JZGE ECU with power at the E10-Pin#1 (Black/Orange wire on corner of plug) If I am missing a ECU pinout that needs power to complete the distributir circuit, please chime in.

I have the fuel pump on but looking for a better solution.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

After reading up in my 2JZGE- Fact. Service Manual on the 2JZGE ECU... The pinouts of interest are as follows. DO all these need to be supplied custom power and grounds? I am tryin to see what can get my car distributor to spark.

E10-24 M-REL EFI main relay
E10-31 +B EFI main relay
E10-32 +B1 EFI main relay
E10-33 BATT EFI main relay
E9-4 ECM GROUND
E9-69 ECM GROUND
E9-79 POWER GROUND
E9-80 POWER GROUND