2014 Annual Philly Supra Meet - Sunday, May 25th..Memorial Day Weekend

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
After a long, miserable winter and I think mostly all the snow has been washed away and melted, its finally starting to get warm out again! I don't know about you guys but I've been dying to get some boost under my foot again!! :naughty: I've finally started to get my car back up to par by finally getting my 1zz coils in and getting some new tires. On that note, I think its about time to send some motivations your way and get everyone ready for out annual "get together, grill and bullshit" meet.

It will be at the usual location. All are welcome. Bring your family and friends and even dogs. There are baseball and soccer fields and a lot of open ground for kids and dogs to play around or even toss a football or frisbee.

The meet will be on Sunday, May 25th, Memorial Day weekend as usual. Let's start meeting around 11am until and we'll hang out till whenever. I try to every year but if anyone wants to get there earlier to reserve us a good spot under one of the gazeebos that would be great. I think everyone like the one closer to the river better but there is also one closer to the parking lot so we can stay with the cars.

DIRECTIONS:

From 95 North

- Take the Cottman Exit off 95 N.
- Make a RIGHT on State Rd. (Very first light coming off the ramp)
- PASS the FIRST light (Bleigh St.)
- About 500ft before the SECOND light (Rhawn St.), there will be a small street (no street name) on the RIGHT side. (DO NOT PASS RHAWN ST OR GO UNDER 95.)
- Take that small street all the way down to the river and the parking lot.

From 95 South

- Usually I tell everyone to take the Cottman Exit off 95 S. however there is construction going on and that exit is closed.
- You will have to take the exit before which is Academy/Linden Ave. Exit 32 I believe.
- As soon as you take the exit you'll see the ramp for Torresdale Ave.
- Make a left on Torresdale Ave.
- Right on Linden Ave(1st Light).
- Right on State Rd(next light).
- Go under I95 and right after Rhawn St, there will be a small street (no street name) on the LEFT.
- Take that small street all the way down to the river and the parking lot.

If you have any trouble you can call me on my cell 215-906-2524. I'm sure you can also call Julio (empera) too. Most of you know his number.

Here is a map of the street on google.

Google Map
List/What your bringing...

1. supra1008 - burgers
2. empera - grill
3. cruzan7m -
4. PhillyMK3 -
5. SupraTrbo89 -

Last edited:

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
teamslow;1999273 said:
What day is the meet?

whoops...sorry was multi-tasking at work that day. haha.
yea what Julio said...Sunday, of Memorial Day weekend which happens to be the 25th. updated 1st post.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
yep doesnt look like there's any interest in these any more....ah well...like i said Invite only will be the new way to go.

SupraTrbo89

Sep 21, 2006
West Chester, PA
I think there are a lot of people that would attend that just dont know about it......I happen to search "Philly meet" today to check and this thread was like 30 threads down in the list....not sure why it's not the first thread at the top of the list......i almost logged out thinking there was no meet and happened to scroll way down to find this.

cruzian7m

virgin islands native
Jul 31, 2005
phila,pa
I blew another power steering hose. ...haven't had a chance to fix it...been real busy...plus I bent my left rear wheel in new york....gotta fix that to......I still plan on being there. Sorry to hear about the turrbo issue. ....I would look into bullseye performance aka borg warner turbos....I never felt comfy with precision. But that's just me.

Alpha WereFox

Supraholic
Aug 20, 2006
Poconos in PA
I may or may not go. I dont know yet. My clutch pedal is being weird on my 90 n/a 5 spd. It has a dead zone of no pressure for the first 1/3 of the pedal, then you kinda feel pressure but not really, and sometimes it sticks.