2 Walbro Fuel Pumps?

arod

7MGTE
Mar 25, 2007
Bayamon, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico
I know some people that told me that I will need 2 walbro pumps for my fuel system with my aeromotive fuel regulator. Do I really need 2 walbros?? Only one is not enough?? Why would I need 2??

Last edited:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
What are your power goals?
What do you have done to the car?
What injectors are you running?

Most applications below 600hp a single pump will be sufficient. But we can't help you when you give us no information.

arod

7MGTE
Mar 25, 2007
Well for now my power goals are less than 600hp. I'm planning to use 720cc injectors and already have a 60-1 to4 turbo, FCD, AFR, upgraded intercooler, Tial BOV, 3" exhaust piping and boost controller. And for the engine insides have a MHG and ARP studs. Everyting else is stock.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Any reason you went with such large injectors?
550's will supply fuel far past the other upgrades you have listed.
720cc's will also be much harder to tune and probably extreme overkill for your application.
Also once you start playing with the fuel system and bigger turbo's you will have to put ALOT of thought, and money into tuning. You can't throw the hard stuff at it and expect them all to work together.
At the full potential of those 720cc's you may need dual walbro's, but you will also need much, much more.

arod

7MGTE
Mar 25, 2007
MassSupra89 said:
Any reason you went with such large injectors?
550's will supply fuel far past the other upgrades you have listed.
720cc's will also be much harder to tune and probably extreme overkill for your application.
Also once you start playing with the fuel system and bigger turbo's you will have to put ALOT of thought, and money into tuning. You can't throw the hard stuff at it and expect them all to work together.
At the full potential of those 720cc's you may need dual walbro's, but you will also need much, much more.

So 550's will work for about 600 engine hp? The MKVI 2jzgte has 550 injectors? Could I install them on my 7MGTE without any modifications? Because I have a friend that is selling me his injectors for $250 since he put bigger ones on his supra.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
no, mkiv injectors are side feed, wont work on the mkiii.

yes, 550cc will be fine for that turbo. you will most likely see 450-500rw on that turbo at high boost.

S

SLOW7M

I am actualy machining an all aluminum fuel pump basket to house 3 walbro 255 fuel pumps in the stock tank.

S

SLOW7M

I did some bad math and scraped ou the first one but when i get home ill post the pic it is of the top part of the basket to mount on the factory tank.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
what higher capacity fuel pump are you talking about?

if you mean an A1000, thats an external, which needs to have a sumped tank, is really loud, has a short life expectancy and costs too much.

If you mean a Weldon, thats also an external, some dont need sumped tanks, some are loud, they have a good track record and cost twice as much as an A1000.

im not really sure which higher capacity single-pump is out there that can support 550rwhp and is still an in-tank.

btw, $250 for stock TT injectors, is your friend on crack?! stock TT injectors are $120, TOPS. no one else can use them except MR2 guys, and they can only use 4.

S

SLOW7M

I have a sumped tank but i dont want to run it im building a street car i want to able to fuck around alot and not worry if i going backwords fast about the pump not geting fule so im gonna run 3 255,s in tank if i cant get it working ill run the sump tank

Here it is in the machine when i was milling it

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

And here it is finish milled but fucked up

sm_photo_missing.jpg

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
flubyux2 said:
if you mean an A1000, thats an external, which needs to have a sumped tank, is really loud, has a short life expectancy and costs too much.

we sure do disagree a lot lately lol. it isnt quiet, i agree. loud is subjective and also depends how you mount it. it isnt for everyone, but i highly recommend this pump to people over a dual walbro setups.

what i consider a loud pump is the weldon being used on the blurr (dave's boostwerx drag car)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZHP3XkoO4Y

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
lol dave.. yeah, i agree with you there. if you can mount it so its isolated from the body, it will most certainly not be "loud"... especially if you mounted it under the car.

i figured the Weldons (some) werent as loud since not all weldons are gearrotor drive and actually a cam lobe... but idk

i guess the a1000 is hit and miss, just like walbro's. however a pair of walbros have gone into the 900rwhp range, the A1000 is only rated for 800rwhp isnt it? for forced induction?

i still like the idea of dual TT pumps but thatd never fit in our stock opening.

S

SLOW7M

Yea i was lookin glast nihgt 800 hp on boost 1000 hp na

Well i made some good progress today tith the tripple pump hanger i got the top mount almost all machined.

flubyux2 said:
lol dave.. yeah, i agree with you there. if you can mount it so its isolated from the body, it will most certainly not be "loud"... especially if you mounted it under the car.

i figured the Weldons (some) werent as loud since not all weldons are gearrotor drive and actually a cam lobe... but idk

i guess the a1000 is hit and miss, just like walbro's. however a pair of walbros have gone into the 900rwhp range, the A1000 is only rated for 800rwhp isnt it? for forced induction?

i still like the idea of dual TT pumps but thatd never fit in our stock opening.

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
SLOW7M said:
Yea i was lookin glast nihgt 800 hp on boost 1000 hp na

Well i made some good progress today tith the tripple pump hanger i got the top mount almost all machined.

How you going to drop 3 pumps through the stock hole?

S

SLOW7M

Im not totaly sure yet if not 3 i know for a fact i can stuff 2 in there. If i have to on my car ill cut the top a little bit bigger. But im trying to avoid that. Cuz i dont know many ppl wiling to cut or grind there tank opening bigger.

suprarich said:
How you going to drop 3 pumps through the stock hole?