2 supraz only need one, but witch one!?

streetdreamz

May 8, 2008
YumaAz/KingcityCA/L.A Ca
I own a 88 supra non turbo and a 87 supra turbo. I use my non turbo as a daily driver and my 87 supraz engine froze up, well thats what the mec. told me so i just left it in my old town with a friend. well now i miss the sound of my bov and the power of that turbo so i want to fix it. Now the prob. is this guy is selling me a 89 supra with a clean body and perfect interior and the car has a turbo timer,a ct26 turbo, and lowering springs, but the prob. once again is that he says it has a blown head gasket and he already has the head gasket. OoO and he wants 1500 for it. well then the other day he calls me and says itz not the head gasket its the water pump so idk. well wut im tryin to say is should i buy this one and fix it, or get my old one back and fix that one, OR should i do an engine swap on my non turbo and just forget about the other two!!!!?:1zhelp:

suprahabsfan

Boost Addict
Sep 28, 2007
Sylvania, OH
Have it compression tested and/or buy block test kit. That little investment could save you from buying a money pit. Dont just take the guys word that it is the water pump. Who would sell a supra turbo with only a bad water pump for $1500? Is it in bad shape? miles?

streetdreamz

May 8, 2008
YumaAz/KingcityCA/L.A Ca
well the supra for 1500 has around 180,000... and he is selling it cheap because hez going to boot camp.... well also i was thinking what about my non turbo? i have it all fixed up from the outside and inside and i was also thinking should i throw an engine swap on it? how much would that be?

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
i have a 87 non-turbo and a 87 turbo. I plan on keeping both when my turbo engine is done. Just to have that turbo feeling when i want to drive it, and the na for a daily driver in case something bad happens when i drive long distances (ie car crash, blown engine, hurricane......in florida)

Is the 89 BHG in decent shape, or is your old 87 turbo in better shape, is the 88 NA in better condition. If it were me, I would say buy another engine and drop it in your turbo. Instead of buying a car for $1,500, use that money for an engine for a car you already own

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
First thing I would look at would be the options on the 89 is it targa or hardtop? what is your 87? personally I would rather start with an 89+ with pps and tems lol unless your 87 has the supermonitor and headlight washers and tems then its a close call haha. But if the 89 is nice enough and checks out with good compression then buy it and you have a dd a parts car and a future build car when it does get a BHG.

P.S. you can part the 87 out for the build on the 89+ too

streetdreamz

May 8, 2008
YumaAz/KingcityCA/L.A Ca
ha ha well first i just wanted to say thankz guyz... and i just found out wut im going to do... as i was walking out of the gym this guy saw my car and asked if i sold it... i told him sure give me 4500 for it just to see what he would say and the guy told me YEA!!! i wuz like are you serious!! hez like yea let me get a hold of you tommorow and we'll do the paper work and b.s and youll have your money cash!!! So i guess i just sold my dd... but now i got 4500 to play with on top of the 1500 i already have!!:icon_bigg well wut i was thinking is im going to buy the 89(and itz a targa) and go pick up my 87 and just go from there...

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
is that the blue one that your selling?shit i would still pick the best one to build the shit out of and then make the otherone reliable enough to daily just my opinion