2 Quick Questions... (ISC and K/S related)

Hey guys,
I'm finishing up my build and there are a few small details that I am a little confused about:

1. The 2 visible tubes on the ISC valve run to the intake pipe pre-throttle body, correct? I no longer have my 3000 pipe and I forget how it was plumbed. Then the other tube that is kind of pointing down goes to the metal vaccuum tube assembly thing. Is that right? The last time I reassembled a 7m it was a GE and the ISC plumbing is different.

2. I am reusing my 7m-ge block but the wiring harness is from a 7m-gte. The GTE has 2 knock sensors but the GE only has one. If I leave one of the connectors unplugged, will that cause a problem?

Thanks in advance,

-Nick

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
There are three "tubes" on the ISC, the big one goes to the accordian pipe, through a hard pipe next to the 3K pipe. The other two are for coolent.
I bypass the coolent lines, unless the car is going to reside in alaska, or russia.
The GE block has threaded bosses for 3 knock sensors, just like the gte, move the center k/s forward, and insert a second k/s into the rear hole, leaving the center hole empty.

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it, and yeah...I kinda thought I was wrong about that.

My GE block has all three bosses but the 2 unused ones aren't threaded.
I looked at the cracked GTE block I have and the unused boss on there is threaded.

So, I'm guessing I have to drill and tap the other 2? I'm really not too excited about drilling and tapping cast iron...

Also, since I now know that this doesn't go to the isc, what does the tube in the attached picture go to? It doesn't show where it goes on the vaccuum diagram I have.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_0938.JPG
    IMG_0938.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 27

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I believe that tube goes to the BOV, or at least that's where it routes to on mine.

I can't help ya with the KS though...tig welder maybe? :D

wingman said:
I believe that tube goes to the BOV, or at least that's where it routes to on mine.

the tube in the picture? really? hmmm I wonder if I can just plug it then since my aftermarket bov will have vacuum from a different source...

Unless you ment the ISC tube, but I got that figured out.

Anybody know about the knock sensor? What would happen if I just leave one unplugged? Or possibly solder the wires from the unplugged k/s to the other one to trick the ecu?

sleepersupra

i hate this car
Nov 5, 2005
Broken Arrow, Ok
oldskool-nick said:
the tube in the picture? really? hmmm I wonder if I can just plug it then since my aftermarket bov will have vacuum from a different source...

Unless you ment the ISC tube, but I got that figured out.

Anybody know about the knock sensor? What would happen if I just leave one unplugged? Or possibly solder the wires from the unplugged k/s to the other one to trick the ecu?

yea he's right unless igot lost it goes from there between the intake into another metal pipe, then out to the bov