2 questions

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
ok i got my 1jzgte front clip im swaping it into my 89 1st questions is what fluids will i need like not oil breck and all that but like what brand weight everything tranny fluid and all please help

and 2nd i have heard about a white package i have a 1989 i have tems and a spoiler pre 89 idk odd but its factory i dont know if i have an open or lsd diff i am going to assume lsd cause if it is a white package it be lsd correct?

so should i keep the car white or paint it black ?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
0w30 gc(im partial to this) or 5w30. redline mt90 or 75w90 that doesnt have the additive for lsd's.

the car needs to be a sport package n/a for it to have a lsd. if its turbo it already has a lsd. color doesnt indicate weather or not it has a lsd.

keep it white unless your going to paint everything that shows or else it will look funny.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
hvyman;1428217 said:
0w30 gc(im partial to this) or 5w30. redline mt90 or 75w90 that doesnt have the additive for lsd's.

the car needs to be a sport package n/a for it to have a lsd. if its turbo it already has a lsd. color doesnt indicate weather or not it has a lsd.

keep it white unless your going to paint everything that shows or else it will look funny.

ya if i paint it ill paint it all i wont half ask it so i have tems and i have the targa what else was in the sports package

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
head light squirters, abs, i think leather seats.

it would prolly just be easier to look either on the door jam sticker or look on the diff cover and see if theres a lsd sticker or jack the rear wheels up and spin one tire if the other one spins the same way then you have a lsd.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
hvyman;1428251 said:
head light squirters, abs, i think leather seats.

it would prolly just be easier to look either on the door jam sticker or look on the diff cover and see if theres a lsd sticker or jack the rear wheels up and spin one tire if the other one spins the same way then you have a lsd.

ill try that this weekend my car is 20+ miles away from me crap hey thanks for the advice i dont have headlight squirters no leather idk about abs never drove the car from day one this car is a project and its finally coming together i have always loved supra and this one needed some new life lol. thanks again

ok so i also life in colorado will that change the oil weight u think

Last edited: