1uz + r154?

BOOSTCRAZY

Oct 28, 2010
FINDLAY, OH
Ok so im doing a 1uz swap n a car n im trying to find out about what to do for the clutch set up. I dont want to just get a kit for $1-2k what i need to know s what bellhousing, flywheel n clutch set ups have been used n what modifications had to b done to make it work. Keep n mind hp goal s 5-6oohp turbo set up. Any info, specs n links b greatly appreciated.

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
I know its probly not the most viable option for you but in New Zealand there is a company that makes brand new bellhousings and flywheels to suit either w58 or r154 they even make an adaptor plate to go 1uz to v160 6 speed

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
With a adapter plate you will use the 1UZ auto bell housing, a modified flywheel (3SGTE?), and any clutch set up for the R154 (disk and plate). You will have to provide access in the bell housing to install the clutch. Then you will need to do something about the slave cylinder, since it will be internal. The Howe throwout bearing is common (I have it in mine, but I also have had a failure), but Quartermaster makes one that is superior to it, but the cost is a little more as well. Get in touch with the web master at 1UZSUPRA.com, he has a R154 in his 1UZ car and will be able to offer more details.

Personally if I were to buy another adapter for the 1UZ I would go with a T-56, I see them more often for sale vs a R154.

Good luck!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Pm 4U2QUIK. He makes the adapter plates for both r154 and w58. W58 is pretty cheap but wont handle 500hp. The quality of his parts are awesome.

dexterrogers

Slow worker
Jul 25, 2006
Calgary, AB
I'm planning a 1UZ project to start soon. I had planned on using the Quantum Auto set up as it's the most complete set up I've found, rather than the re drilled 3sge and custom bell and yada yada, get it all for one low low price! Quatum Auto.com

http://quantum-auto.com/store/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&install_type=update12pl3&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

they have the w58 full kit for sale, i'd imagine the R154 kit would be available sooner if you shot an email or called and said hey i need one of those!