1uz ecu?

Bulkierzero

Jan 14, 2012
Rosemount,MN
Ok so I bought a 1uz and its now sitting in my car and the guy I bought it from also sent me the ecu for this engine by mail. When I received it the ecu looked like it was ran over a few times by a forklift. Opened it up and the circuit board is cracked in half. The problem i'm having is I cant find another ecu with the same part number or any information on using a different one. Im using a w58 so traction control and trans control i wont be using. The ecu I have now has 3 40 pin connectors with the part number 89661-24220 (closest I can find for sale is 89661-24230) . Im looking for an ecu option that has the engine sensor pinouts the same so I can just plug it in and go.

Last edited:

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
The junkyards are full of 1uz's. I'm on vacation now and have seen 3 mkiii's between phoenix to San Jose yards but saw prolly 50 LS400's and SC400's.
Didn't see any Supras at all on the road.
92 93 and 94 looks like the years for that number.

Yotarip

Feb 20, 2015
Virginia
Hello,
Just saw your PM. I never consider the ECU part #. Model year of the engine is what's important for the swap. From my personal experience;

1) 91-92 (possibly 93) have a vacuum modulated EGR system and a cold start injector. Any SC400 ecu from 91-95 will run this just fine.
2) 93-95 models have an electronically modulated EGR system and NO cold start injector. The 91-92 ecu will run this but cold starts below 40 F will take a couple tries. Ofcourse the 93-95 ecu will work.

Inquire by the year not part #. Also, open the ecu and check for leaking capacitors. It will be evident by black/brown goo on the circuit board directly under the capacitor. Pass it by if it's leaking.

Bulkierzero

Jan 14, 2012
Rosemount,MN
Yotarip;2050150 said:
Hello,
Just saw your PM. I never consider the ECU part #. Model year of the engine is what's important for the swap. From my personal experience;

1) 91-92 (possibly 93) have a vacuum modulated EGR system and a cold start injector. Any SC400 ecu from 91-95 will run this just fine.
2) 93-95 models have an electronically modulated EGR system and NO cold start injector. The 91-92 ecu will run this but cold starts below 40 F will take a couple tries. Ofcourse the 93-95 ecu will work.

Inquire by the year not part #. Also, open the ecu and check for leaking capacitors. It will be evident by black/brown goo on the circuit board directly under the capacitor. Pass it by if it's leaking.

Hi thanks for getting back to me. So does the sc400 ecu pinouts match the soarer harness?

Yotarip

Feb 20, 2015
Virginia
I dont know for sure but I would suspect the ecu pinouts should be the same. The body harness may have some differences but that's not a problem with the swap.