1jzpwrlives JZA70 build thread

1jzpwrlives

Dec 5, 2017
Texas
Hello all. Here is my second go around with a JZA70.

I purchased a JZA70 from Japan and its currently being shipped to the states. I should see it in about 2 1/2 weeks. As we all should know, the JZA70 is legal to own in the states because of the federal 25 year law. I have the opportunity to get which ever car I wanted and even though I wanted an FD, my wife and I agreed that I truly wanted my old Supra. I tried to buy my old JZA70 back, but the owner did not wan to sell the car back to me. I ended up finding one in Japan that resembled my old supra (sort of). Here are some pix before it left Japan:

With the anticipation of the car coming, I kinda lost control of my parts buying. Well, so my wife says. haha!!

Last edited:

1jzpwrlives

Dec 5, 2017
Texas
So here are some parts so far. More parts are on the way. I'm sure ya'll know what the parts are so I won't get into the description of them.

yIhgyU5.jpg

QY3vPGq.jpg

XaIDwAc.jpg

FfOnyMx.jpg

Zn9iOIW.jpg

I'm almost sure this is a fake MOMO. it came from Japan, so thats a little weird.

This might work...

Last edited:

1jzpwrlives

Dec 5, 2017
Texas
ok, I've received 99% of my parts and Ive had to do some major corrosion control.
firs off; here is the upper water neck with the twist in 1/8 npt nipples.

I didn't take pix because the friggen rust was a mess. But, I had to wire wheel the crap out of the manifold, downpipes and turbo. Then I had to coat everything. Here is the end result:

had to take the waste gate apart do to a washer rattling around...

this guy!!

true old school SARD product!

I bought some Downstar bolts. Cause what is offered to the Supra community is strait garbage!!! I had to basically build my own kit, but I've had nothing but success with Frank's company.

1jzpwrlives

Dec 5, 2017
Texas
Gauges came in!

Apex PFC!! JZA70 specific!

F-con pro bracket...

Box or rare JZA70 electronics!!

lastly, PHR water pump pulley cover.

Thats it for now. I'll post up pix of my fuel rail set up later.

Justin727

T-virus infected
AWESOME!!! Looking forward to it going together. I like my T78 on my mk4. Had the newer version with the Vband exhaust housing. I ended up selling it for a 6766 just to have them later in the year have a billet upgrade for it being made. Looking at possibly getting back into a mk3 myself more specifically a JZA70.

Looking forward to seeing more out of your build thread.