1jzgte sputtering

sp617m

Oct 27, 2008
Prescott az
So the other day my radiator light came on,car got a little hot that day. Light still is on but car doesnt over heat. Car runs good to 3k then sputters to 4k, then runs good again.

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
Are you talking about the light that looks like a birdcage? It is the overflow tank light, telling you it needs more water.

As for sputtering....check your coils packs for cracks.

What are plugs gapped at?

sp617m

Oct 27, 2008
Prescott az
oh ok i see. Well havent checked the coils. plugs are gapped for a 2jzgte, is that right or wrong. I was told by a friend of mine that was right.

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
sp617m;1708962 said:
oh ok i see. Well havent checked the coils. plugs are gapped for a 2jzgte, is that right or wrong. I was told by a friend of mine that was right.
Your running stock boost right?

What kind of plugs do you have and what is the gap on them? Saying there gapped for a 2j says nothing....

I suggest you take them all out and inspect them, make sure there not fouled out. Then check the gap on each one to make sure they are gapped at .028

Then take off the rubber boot thats on the end of the coil packs, then under a bright light check for cracks.

Report back with your findings!

sp617m

Oct 27, 2008
Prescott az
re gaped the plugs and replaced coils that were craked. found one plug which had the white ceramic was craked replaced with a new one and noticed a kinda of a dried watter spots on the ceramic part of the plugs. still sputters but not as bad. but will post with more findings tmrw.

sp617m

Oct 27, 2008
Prescott az
no smoke that i can see, and idels really good.
I think it idels at 1k but at work right now will make sure when i get off and let you all know.
yeah its ideling at 1k.

Last edited:

sp617m

Oct 27, 2008
Prescott az
well pluged in my mines ecu which had a leaking capacitor. but the car ran way better. so im starting to think it has something to do with the mk4 550s that are in my car. So im going back to the stock 370 stock injector. to see if that helps the problem at all.