1JZGTE replacement cooling fan.

rokit1man

Jan 27, 2011
Kansas
I have a 1JZGTE with a broken cooling fan during shipping. Looking for a replacement fan and wanted to know if a 7m or any other Supra can be a direct swap. Not looking to change to electric fans with 2J water pump. Any ideas? Thanks.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
I am using a soarer 1JZ clutch, and a USDM sc300 fan blade, with some spacers to clear the 1JZ water neck. This is one of those common what works for you, questions. I do not have an upgraded rad, as this makes things more difficult.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
forget the hydro, I'll repeat it like a broken record.. it's great until it breaks or fails, but then it's time to go 2J mechanical.

you'll want a MKIV TT fan clutch and fanblade, or if you want more clearance, use the SC300 fanblade w/ spacers (for stock rad fitment). By using the SC300 blade, you can trim the back of the blades to clear the water neck and still run an upgraded radiator. Many of my friends such as BigzAvs (on here) have run this setup, and I have as well.

rokit1man

Jan 27, 2011
Kansas
Ok good, I'll see what I can dig up here in Kansas/Kansas City area. I plan on upgrading the radiator anyway so it looks like SC300 blade is the way to go unless I stumble across MKIV. Thanks Dylan JZ and mkiiichip. By the way.... Nice cars!