1jz wont start?emanage help?

klaasjoe

Nov 27, 2006
Los Angeles
Hey guys taking a longshot here but I was hoping someone may have an idea whats up with my 1jz that wont start. I am running the emanage blue as far as I know it is wired right but when I go to start the car the active light flashes which according to the instructions is a fouled plug. It says you can hold down the throttle and the car should start but when I did that it still wont start. Anybody have any ideas?
thanx
joe

Last edited:

albert74

May 29, 2008
Florida
Are you using the additional injector harness and the ignition harness? I'd just go over all wiring again. Also are you running stock injectors or larger? Maybe it could be your jumper settings or your front panel settings.

klaasjoe

Nov 27, 2006
Los Angeles
When i bought the emanage with the car it was set for larger injectors but the guy sold those injectors and I am using the stock injectors. Could that be why it isnt starting?

albert74

May 29, 2008
Florida
klaasjoe;1172488 said:
When i bought the emanage with the car it was set for larger injectors but the guy sold those injectors and I am using the stock injectors. Could that be why it isnt starting?

Use the software and change the injector sizing to the stock size and see if the car starts. Was this emanage originally on a jza70?

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
Car would still start even if the injector size was not correct.
The rotary settings will defintily make a difference if it is not form a JZ car.
Check to make sure that the MAP sensor splice is connected properly ( input/output ) to the correct side.

klaasjoe

Nov 27, 2006
Los Angeles
everything is spliced right and this was the car that the emanage was for. what worries me is that when I unhook the emanage the car still wont start. I dont think it is getting any spark.

albert74

May 29, 2008
Florida
Are you using the optional ignition harness? If so if the emanage is unplugged the car won't get any spark. If you have the optional igntion harness try connecting all your ignition wires back to each other and not through the emb.