1jz wont boost need help please?problem solved

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
ok i have a 1jz out of a ma70 in my 89 and it wont boost it hits 1 or 2 pounds and stuters or just doesnt do any thing at all and ther are no engine codes poping up. i just had ecu caps checked and replaced the map,rebuilt the fuel pressure regulator and a new fuel filter.
im running an hks speed cut,sacf2,a greddy boost cut,and 440injectors low impedience,walbro 255,and a dual feed fuel rail.
does any one have any sugestions on what could be keeping me from boosting?:1zhelp:

Last edited:

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Wrong place to post this...moved to the Other Engine Tech section.

Please pay attention as to where you post.

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
charlesshen;1323298 said:
ok i have a 1jz out of a ma70 in my 89 and it wont boost it hits 1 or 2 pounds and stuters or just doesnt do any thing at all and ther are no engine codes poping up. i just had ecu caps checked and replaced the map,rebuilt the fuel pressure regulator and a new fuel filter.
im running an hks speed cut,sacf2,a greddy boost cut,and 440injectors low impedience,walbro 255,and a dual feed fuel rail.
does any one have any sugestions on what could be keeping me from boosting?:1zhelp:

id try removing the bcc from the system and try it. or the wiring on the map where it ties in. whats your fuel pressure set at ?

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
charlesshen;1323298 said:

:aigo:

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
Fuel pressure is set at 43 psi. The problem is once upon a time it ran fine for the most part. It was running pig rich(safc at -11%) but would still go to 21 psi without hesitation. Then it started having problems. It would try and stall out if I wasn't moving after driving about 20 minutes and it refused to boost. I'd pull the ecu and it would be really hot.

I sent out the ecu and had all the traces cleaned and caps replaced. I got it back and put it in the car. Now it idles more smooth and doesn't try to stall anymore. I pulled the plugs and it was running lean, so I put the safc back to 0%. The ecu still gets hot and it still won't boost. What happens if I ground the ecu case by itself?

Also, on a side note, What is In-2 on a safc2?

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
i removed boost cut running open down pipe fuel pressure regulator stays a 20psi even after being of all night any suggestions?

and does any one in orlando know any one who works on 1js i cant afford to go to tittan or cft tho?

Last edited:

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Do you have a resistor pack wired in?

You're going to blow your ECU up again if you have not already.

This is guessing that you are using a stock 1J ECU.

I ran my car on it's initial startup with high imp. stock injectors with a resistor pack and stock 1J ECU. This is the only wrong way to do it without damaging anything and running at idle - 0PSI. I always use a wideband.

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
RacerXJ220;1327024 said:
Do you have a resistor pack wired in?

You're going to blow your ECU up again if you have not already.

This is guessing that you are using a stock 1J ECU.

I ran my car on it's initial startup with high imp. stock injectors with a resistor pack and stock 1J ECU. This is the only wrong way to do it without damaging anything and running at idle - 0PSI. I always use a wideband.

i beleave the 440from the soarer are low imp

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
ok i finally got of my lazy arse and decide to tear my fuel sytem apart and replace lines. after upgrading the fuel pump and still not boosting i went ahead and put in -10 fuel lines to both sides of the fuel rail with -10 T split with a -8 feed line from the filter to the tank, and when relpacing all of this i noticed a the factory line was crimped just above dif and rear axle so after replacing the lines for bigger ones and a bigger fuel pump she runs great, im gona wire bbc backin and get dp weld and bunged for wide band. thanks to all who tried to help i never imagined a kink/crimp in a line that must have come from running over something would cause so much:bsflag:

Last edited: