1jz with stock Mk4 550cc injectors ???????

SilverMk3

Sep 4, 2009
Georgia
I have a 1.5 jz engine and I have a set of stock 2jz injectors (550cc) that I am running in it. I know that I need a resistor pack, which I have bought a stock 2jz resistor pack. The Pack has 7 wires coming off of it, 6 black 1 white. I know that the white wire goes to a 12v ignition switched wire. I know that the other 6 splice in to each of my injector clip wires, but I am not 100% sure which one of my injector clip wires I splices into. There are 2 wires to each injector clip. which one do I splice into? I think one is supposed to be ecu signal and the other 12v switch. Help Please!

SilverMk3

Sep 4, 2009
Georgia
Ok Thanks. What would be the best way to splice into this, Using a side by side connector that kremps through insulation or just cutting the orange and black wire for each injector and just use butt connectors to go from the resistor wires into the each 12v wire on each clip?

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Bigzavs;1551380 said:
solder them, you'll regret it down the line if you use butt splice's

Fact: soddering them will enable them to get the full potential out of the wire. Butt connectors could fail come apart, and you will not get what you need. Fuel is not something to mess around with. It could be a costly mistake.

asavill

Mar 24, 2008
Lutz
Without a connector for the 2jz resistor pack, how do you connect all the wires to it? Also how do you splice into them? You mentioned solder but how exactly do you mean? I am trying to understand this cause my 1j is all ready to go in except for this step. If I cut the wire, and splice the wires that come from the resistor pack, what happens to the wire on the harness that is now cut? I am really trying to get a grasp on what exactly to do but cant seem to find the dumbed down version. LOL Please help. BTW.....Is there anyone here from Tampa that I could pay to come help me? I need help bad and I am willing to pay for the knowledge. Let me know
Albert

asavill

Mar 24, 2008
Lutz
I have the 2jz resistor pack, hopefully once I read this several times I can figure heads or tails with the 7 wires instead of 4. It is sad that there are no good 1jz mechanics in tampa. I am a Network Engineer. I work two jobs, and still have to do my own work, because this swap is like speaking Russian to Rednecks here in Tampa. Titan Motorsports is probably the closest competent place and it is 2 hours away. Not sure if you know him but, Elvis aka Satan(Dallas) is a friend of mine and should be coming to town soon, hopefully he knows this process and can help. Thanks for your help with the link though. I appreciate it.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
if i was in your shoes, id sell the MKIV resistor pack and buy a 7M resistor pack, works just as well, easier to wire up, and cheap as hell

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Bigzavs;1630651 said:
if i was in your shoes, id sell the MKIV resistor pack and buy a 7M resistor pack, works just as well, easier to wire up, and cheap as hell

+1, and it's designed to be there..