1jz with 550 cc mk4 injectors, how much hp can i make reliably??

Merkhunter

merkhunter
Jan 31, 2008
so cal in the sgv
so the topic of this thread is I want to know what I can make hp/tq numbers while having a reliable daily driver.
What I have right now is : a 1989 mk3 swapped with a 1jz. Swap is almost complete. I am running a bone stock 1jz. With a t4 57 trim driftmotion turbo 58 a/r on exaust and 57 on intake side. Full 3inch blitz nurspec exaust, test pipe, 2jzgte harness and ecu, mk4 550 cc injectors w/ resistor. Afc neo if needed. Greddy profec b 2 boost controller and timer. Zeitronics wideband and egt . Upgraded dmotion intercooler, also 2jz map sensor, I haven't decided yet what I want to use. I have a stock jdm aristo ecu, or a jdm mines chipped ecu, which I think is chipped not just for boost cut, speed cut and rev limiter, I think its for bigger than stock fuel, so might be good for the 550s on a 1jz,

So what do you guys think I can make at the crank? And at the wheels? Also I I'm using the 3.91lsd.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Make sure your neo is updated firmware.. If not send it in.. I was having all kinds of problems with lean AFR's and stumbling idles, unhooked the SAFC and all was good.. Later research showed they did a recall due to the SAFC not being able to process the Karman signal (not that you'll need it) but I would still make sure your on the newer firmware.. After reading a couple of threads one person popped a motor after hooking up the SAFC.. Luckily I didn't as we were logging the AFR on the dyno and saw it spiking into the 16's under full boost

Merkhunter

merkhunter
Jan 31, 2008
so cal in the sgv
Devin LeBlanc;1637146 said:
Make sure your neo is updated firmware.. If not send it in.. I was having all kinds of problems with lean AFR's and stumbling idles, unhooked the SAFC and all was good.. Later research showed they did a recall due to the SAFC not being able to process the Karman signal (not that you'll need it) but I would still make sure your on the newer firmware.. After reading a couple of threads one person popped a motor after hooking up the SAFC.. Luckily I didn't as we were logging the AFR on the dyno and saw it spiking into the 16's under full boost
Umm I think the firmware only had to do with the karman ran 7mgte and anythin g using karman sensor, since I am 1jz I am map based, so shouldn't have a problem, even tho I used to have a 7mgte and sent my afc neo in once already,

And to onejarpus, ill be using my 2jzgte mines ecu and 2jzgte harness, on my 1jz so boost cut is out the door on mine, I think greddy bcc is better than the hks fcd, from what I have heard.