1JZ wiring?

jake8790

Life's too short for N/A
Dec 18, 2011
Oregon
This is for my 1990 Cressida, but I was hoping you guys on SM could help me out. I have a 1jz from a jzx90 that I'm trying to wire into my Cressida. The only pinouts I can find online are for the ecu only which doesn't really help me out with the body plugs on the jz harness and the car. I'm doing an r154 swap so I don't need any of the auto trans wires. If anyone has a guide or can help me figure out how to wire these up I would greatly appreciate it. :1zhelp:
20140212_191012.jpg

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
um, i would start with maybe getting a TIS account to look up the EWD to see where these wires go or find a cres tsrm with the EWD so you can trace them.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
a jzx90 harness has the same pinouts as a soarer ecu.

what your missing is the rest of it. So basically you need to get the connectors to the ecu that your missing which is like 7 wires and then you need to find the wires to connect to the body harness plugs and add the body harness plugs.

so go to a junk yard and find the engine harness side of thew body plugs and clip them. Then lookj at the pin outs of them and match them to the 1j harness and make sure the 1j harness has the fuesed 12v switrch power that it should and it will run fine. will never be plug and play.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
I tried to get my hands on a X90 body harness diagram for 6 months. No luck.

Had to go the custom way, and trace each cable to each destination...... the JZZ30 harness diagram is not even close to the x90.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The harness diagrams are different. But the Ecu pinouts are the same.

Don't really need the body diagram. There's only a handful of wires you need for the body plugs and then there is about 7 wires you need to add for the jzx90 Ecu plugs that are missing.