1JZ vs Integra vs 5.0 Mustang

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
If I raced them, here's how it happened:

7 PM, somewhere in the East Bay:

I'm driving home from work, and see a blue DC2 Integra GSR racing between traffic. We get to a section where it's 3 lanes, and I get right behind him in the #3 lane. He takes off, and flies to the next stop light into lane #2. I stay in lane #3, knowing that it merges into #2 about 3/16 of a mile ahead. A fox body 5.0 Mustang charges into lane #1. Now we've got a three way drag race.

The hardest part was waiting for the light to change. All three of us are sitting there, knowing what the other two are thinking.

Mustang: Stupid Japanese cars, this should be easy
Integra: VTAK don't fail me now!
Me: Holy crap... First drag race with the 1JZ. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

The cross lights turn yellow, I rev to 2500. They turn red. I wait. Our light turns green. DUMP THE CLUTCH!

I bogged it. Oh no, I'm going to lose. The other two get 1/2 a car length, then all of a sudden I hit boost! I scream ahead, shift to 2nd at 6900. Keeping it going, I max out 2nd gear at 7000 and shift to 3rd. I build to 6000 then let it go. I glance in my rearview and both the other guys are 5 cars behind. I let off and push in the clutch, coasting now. Both of them fly by in lane #1, still going at it.

I take a deep breath and let it go. I won.

NOTE: This may or may not be a product of my vivid (and highly detailed) imagination. You be the judge. Street racing is bad, mmkay?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Nice killz..........how can you ask IJ for a video and you don't post one of these alleged killz...........:biglaugh: