1jz v-card a new life

bkma71

supra coupe
Jun 7, 2005
troutdale, Oregon
Well now I have owned this car for about 6 years its time to make some new progress with it. about 3 years ago the 7mgte suffered what I thought to be a bhg but found it wasnt after I got it tore down. Times got pretty dramatic and the project never got put back together so its sat and sat under a carport for the past years. I figure its time to get it back to where it was at one time if not in better and stronger condition. I have now started scrapping the 7m and picked up a jarco 1jz front clip from a local nw shop. Time to get to work bring this pig back to life. this will be my first motor swap. Have done a few share of replacements but this is my first swap and my first jz. Ah a new life!

back when I first got her
sm_photo_missing.jpg

in her past prime
sm_photo_missing.jpg

couple months ago when I was guna sell her
sm_photo_missing.jpg

and how it sits last night waiting for my clip delivery came with hks intake and hks old school bov
p1266251_1.jpg

the clips finnally here at 11 at night but its all good
p1266251_2.jpg

the clip today
p1266251_3.jpg

p1266251_4.jpg

only got a little work done, have to figure out how to lift it up on the pallet to pull the rear subframe out from underneath it which crushed some of the ic piping. Any ideas? I think Im gunna try to use the cherry picker to pick it up enough to get the ic piping out and the motor mounts broke loose.

p1266251_5.jpg

harness pulled through. Its like a alley going between the heater blower and shit.
p1266251_6.jpg

hopefully ill have some dry days this week after work I can get a little more accomplished. Any one have good working links for what all I need to do as far as extending wiring and changing the fuse box? I looked threw the faq on here and sf but almost all the links with wiring are dead. and even after reading them Im still confused on what needs to be done with the fuse box. I will be changing out the hydro fan for a 2j pump and elec fans to get rid of some of that clutter. As far as AC I want to have it working but seems like theres alot of conflict on how that should be done with the 7m parts and what not so I may just opt out of it for now but we'll see.

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
Sweet build so far.. I did the same swap with my 90.. but i just got the tranny, ecu, and 1jz.. I really wish i would have just done the front clip too.. Would of been alot easier..