1jz, taking off the twins with the rear turbo touching the firewall

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
1989 canadian mk3 turbo mt with a 1jz.
I used DM 1jz/2jz mk3 mount bracket for the swap, however the engine wouldn't go in until I gave the firewall a bit of a beating near the area where the A/C evaporator rest agains't. It barely got in and the rear turbo intake pipe was always touching the firewall (was not a issue).

I now need to remove the twins and I cannot remove the rear turbo intake pipe to slide it off the manifold. I am now to the point where I'm thinking to take the saw-all to the rear manifold (I'm going single, I won't need the manifolds anymore).
Is there anything I can do before using that evil tool.

ps: I'm trying at all cost to remove the twins without lifting the engine out of there

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
I don't think the square engine mounts allow enough forward movement to completly remove either the studs or the intake pipe.

ochocinco5k

Jul 31, 2012
boston,ma
Hey since your ditching the twin's, I had a quick question. Is it neccesary to switch to aftermarket fuel management when switching to a single setup ?

I was planning on running a EFR 6258, which is advertised to support up to 440hp, but I'm shooting for around 350 hp. I was just wondering if fuel pressure and boost was roughly the same, would the factory computer handle that ?