1jz swap nightmare

green

Dec 17, 2007
Toronto
I have sold my 88t for this targa 87t, the orignal plan was to swap the 7M into the 87 but then i came across a 1j that i could not pass up, everything except tranny. after picking the motor up my friends shop started going to work on it.the motor is a chaser 1jz and right now it is in with custom mounts and the oil pan was swapped. Everything seemed good.

The ecu is from a supra so obviously it wont wont see eye to eye with the chaser harness so I got a soarer which 2 of the plugs fit but the others dont. And now the ignitor doesnt seem to plug in. My buddy(the one that is doing the work) said i would need a soarer harness and ignitor for everything to get back on track. i know i should of picked up a front clip if i was going 1j and now i am kicking myself in the ass for not doing it.

If anyone can help me out in my pickle it would be very much appreciated. It has probably been asked many a times but i just didnt know where else to ask so please be gentle. I have called almost every jdm place around me (Toronto) and non have what i am looking for.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
good luck finding just a jza harness, and check the ecu for burnt or leaking caps. all the igniter's where the same but some of the harness's had weird plugs with 90 degree angles for the igniter but still they work.

big yoggz

Hey dude on the igniters it should still be the same. And as for the harness u should still be ablebto used the harness of the chaser. I'm using a harness of the supra and my ecu is off a chaser. I didn't do no mods to the harness. Just plug and play. And every thing works great.

green

Dec 17, 2007
Toronto
thanks for the help so far so then the igniter is out then i can use that no matter what kind of 1jz it correct?

as for the ecu i couldnt use the supra ecu cause it had 2 rows of pins and i have chaser harness which i could see no way it would work, that is why i bought a soarer ecu but it still does not seem to plug together. as i said before 2 plugs fit but the other two do not.

Thanks everyone so far for the information keep em coming

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
my friend,
already converted jza70 harness for your car and its pre89- talk about a bunch of win. But the deal is he's not giving up a warranty of any kind:aigo:

talked him down to 550 from 650.

Ebay:
Search
toyota jza70 full engine harness already adapted harness
Seller:thesuprashop

Ryan_V

Mar 1, 2009
Austin
So, you need a Soarer harness?

You'll have to check the forums, and ebay. I've seen a few harnesses by themselves.

Call Driftmotion for the igniter...guess you got a 7M igniter, and that's why it doesn't plug in huh?

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
why don't you post a few pictures of the whole setup.
We need to see the ECU plugs on the harness.
The ecu/plug end
The ignitor.

This way it is easier for us to assist you and not just take wild guesses what should and should not be....