1jz swap complete! *56k*

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
Well, I've been the owner of my '88 n/a clunker for about 3-4 years now and finally she has some real power. Got a 1jz/5speed clip a few months ago and got it dropped in. Picked it up from the mechanic this weekend. Went from a n/a automatic to a 1jz 5speed and all i can say is HOLY CRAP! Anyways enough of me talking, here's the pics:

Here's what she looked like a few months ago:

Rear shot:

The 7mge engine bay (ew..):

And here's just a pic of me takin the clip for a little spin when she arrived *ahem*:

Finally it goes from this:

Into this:

Front view:

And the rear view with the sexy tanabe HM exhaust:

Mods done to the car include:

1jz/r154 (duh)
3" ypipe/dp
Some 3" performance cat
Tanabe Hyper Medallion catback
Rotora drilled/slotted rotors + performance pads
Tein Flex Coilovers + EDFC control unit (you can see she's riding quite a bit lower)
Greddy Profec B SpecII

Still trying to get used to the 5speed (first manual car -_-) but she's is a blast to drive now. The spool of the turbos (which is unmistakeably audible within the cabin) hasnt failed yet to make me giggle like a retard. Despite the rediculously huge muffler, the car is really quiet at idle and low speeds, but under wot, it has a nice roar to it (sorta like the g35/350z but quite a bit louder).

More pics and perhaps some videos soon to come!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
RHDMK3 said:
Nice! I am so envious of you. Did you do the RHD conversion too?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no.....................:biglaugh:

I just ordered my clip yesterday. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours...........lol

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
suprahero said:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say no.....................:biglaugh:

I just ordered my clip yesterday. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours...........lol

Where did you order it from? And you mastercheif? Im just wondering.

Anyway, it looks really nice. :icon_bigg Your car is really clean too.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Of course I ordered mine from www.driftmotion.com

The only place I would ever order a clip from is Aaron. He has promised to answer all of my questions during the swap, and I already have him on speed dial....................:biglaugh:

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
Nah, I kept it lhd. Didnt really want a crapload of welds on the front end of the car just so it would be jdm tyte lol... And I got it from jarco since they seem fairly reputable among the supra community. 131000km on the engine when I got it and 126000 mi on the car.

Thanks for the comments guys.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Come on Masterchief...............that was just a tease. We want the real deal. Go out and do some illegal streetracing and film it then post it up here. At least go out and do some 40-100 mile an hour pulls. You had me all worked up to see your video and it ended in 11 seconds. I felt so unsatisfied....................:naughty:

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
suprahero said:
Come on Masterchief...............that was just a tease. We want the real deal. Go out and do some illegal streetracing and film it then post it up here. At least go out and do some 40-100 mile an hour pulls. You had me all worked up to see your video and it ended in 11 seconds. I felt so unsatisfied....................:naughty:
40-100mph vid? Psh, you thought that 11sec vid was short... ;P

Heh, dont worry, I'll be makin more vids.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
masterchief819 said:
40-100mph vid? Psh, you thought that 11sec vid was short... ;P

Heh, dont worry, I'll be makin more vids.

That definately wins come back of the week.................:biglaugh:

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
Grr...Radiator cracked yesterday. Gunna have to order a new one. Whats good with the 1jz? After some quick searching, it seems everyone is using the Koyo one. Good choice?

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
masterchief819 said:
Grr...Radiator cracked yesterday. Gunna have to order a new one. Whats good with the 1jz? After some quick searching, it seems everyone is using the Koyo one. Good choice?

Good choice and direct fit with the bung for the Hydro fan sensor.

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
Good cause i just ordered one. Hopefully I'll be able to receive and install it and get her running again by this weekend.

Anyways heres just a couple more pics I snapped the other day:

Ground clearance (only about a hand's width)
p1000387800zb4.jpg

$20 autozone knob -_-
p1000344800xx9.jpg

Profec B SpecII
p1000340800mr3.jpg

EDFC for my flex setup discreetly tucked away amidst a pile of junk.
p1000345800ez4.jpg