1jz stock o2 sensor

slideways2004

Oct 7, 2008
Houston
I'm about to wire up my car and purchase/make a downpipe. I was wondering if a stock o2 sensor is needed??

the car will be track only but i want it to run perfect. Idle quality doesn't matter as long as it just stays running.

I have never ran stock o2 sensors on sr20det and they ran good. just a little richer in teh top end and a slightly rough idle

any help guys?

slideways2004

Oct 7, 2008
Houston
cruzinbill;1351501 said:
yah.... disconnect it and take it for a drive it will be in limp mode and be alot more than a little rich...

crap! gotta change plans now. i was planning on running without the stock o2 plugged

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
i mean maybe it wont for you i dont know, all it takes is you unplugging it and go for a drive with a wideband hooked up your not gonna go lean and blow your motor. But I wouldnt recommend staying that way unless you dont have problems... also you can run most widebands as a narrow band as well. The innovative one has 2 outputs, you can have the one run as narrow band and other to your gauge as wideband, simple fix. all you have to do is splice in where your oem sensor plugs in, you will get a code for O2 heater inop because you dont have the stock sensor plugged in. All you have to do is leave as is, it wont cause any performance issues or plug in ur stocker to it and secure it in the bay if u want to stay code free. But again this would be the most proper route. In my opinion.