1jz Starion

BOHO

Jan 6, 2012
Georgia
Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself and show my car. I'm starting to mod the 1j and know that i need a good source to help answer questions. I've had my car for 6 years and been through many setups..mitsu 2.6 sohc 4cyl TBI, MPI, Megasquirt, EDIS,...I was never happy with the setup or the hp. I stumbled across a 1jz and havn't looked back since. I finished the swap back in May and have been driving it ever since. It is the first time in 6 years that I truly love the power plant as much as I love the car. It is far from finished but I've just been enjoying it and not worried about the paint. Hope cross breeds are frowned upon completly and I look forward to meeting you all.

p1791863_1.jpg

p1791863_2.jpg

p1791863_3.jpg

SVTkid

Jan 8, 2012
St. Louis
Ive always loved the starions. By far one of my favorite 80s cars. Its looking good man. Keep us updated on the progress. And welcome

BOHO

Jan 6, 2012
Georgia
dubsupra209;1791981 said:
i seen one of these with 1uz w58 swapped ill try and find pics...welcome btw clean car

If you live in Norcal it was a red one named Scotty. There are many toyota swappers these days. Since our factory power plant was so horrible they are much more prone to motor swaps than other cars. Thanks for the compliments guys and I will keep it updated.

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
Hey man I live in Warner Robins too. I've seen you around a few times but never had a chance to talk. Love your car. I used to drive a white '88 but got in a wreck so I'm working on getting a new shell. Good to see you're on SM now. What are the plans for the car?

BOHO

Jan 6, 2012
Georgia
I planned on going with a spec 2+ and rush racing launch control and see if i can hit 12's with the stock twins on stock boost. After I play with that for a few months I'll go single and top feed injectors...Probably just piggyback it though.

I hardly ever see any MKIII supra's around. My car is easy to spot...paint is horrible and I don't think there is another starion in town lol. Few in macon but none here. If you see me around hollar at me. I might go to that import face off at Reynolds in febuary just to see if any decent cars show up.