NappingMk3

Feb 24, 2013
Vallejo, CA
Wsup everyone. I'm new to the forums. I have a 1jz driftmotion 57 trim single kit from driftmotion. I have 2 lower exhaust nuts almost impossible to get on. The exhaust runners are welded too close to the top of the flange holes for the studs. I've tried cut Toyota studs, the shorter studs and nuts provided in the kit, and grinded down shorter nuts from the local hardware store. None of which clear the manifold runners. Any bright ideas or tips? Or if I left a nut off would it have any noticeable affects? Would any exhaust escape after the head?

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Your on the right track.. cut the studes down. And use the stock nut.. than you have to pull header out and thread bolt on at the same time as you put the header to the head. It a real sob.. or you can break out the tourch and dent the header some more. Just keep going. The china headers are a real bitch to get on

NappingMk3

Feb 24, 2013
Vallejo, CA
Actually the first thing I tried was cutting down the stock studs and using the stock nuts. The stock nuts simply don't clear the runners because they're too wide no matter how far I pull the manifold back. Originally when they sent me the manifold it didn't fit over the studs onto the head whatsoever. I attempted to have my machine shop guestimate and bore out the holes. Didn't work so I sent the manifold back to driftmotion for them to bore it correctly. But now I cant get 2 nuts on

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
Mine fit the same on the 2jz. I just used my diegrinder on the bolt holes that needed slotted and got a good fit. The installed the header without the gaskets and trimmed the 2 studs as needed so they just cleared the header pipes. Now with the gasket installed I have enough clearance. Your right about the nuts, I have a little lathe I put them into and turned down the washer portion, using a drill and a grinder will net the same results. Be sure to over the gaskets, I had almost all of, but 2 of the ports were actually larger than the gasket and i had a leak, so I had to pull the header and welded them up.

p1919997_1.jpg

p1919997_2.jpg

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
NappingMk3;1920203 said:
Finally got the manifold on tonight after work. Thanks for your inputs

Yee. lol where in the valley-Jo are you ? have yet to see a member on this forum locally haha. let me know when you get your car running i got a 1jz with a single kit on it...