1JZ/S13 No start... No Fuel!

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
So i have a S13 with a JZA70 1JZGTE swap, the car ran perfect last year...
I pulled the Engine to do the clutch and now i can NOT get the damn thing started!!!

Spark- YES
Fuel- NO?
Injector pulse- YES

My question is what do i have to do to pull a code from my ECU?!?!?!
The swap does not have any check engine light, but is there a way i can pull the code by bridging TE1/E1 and tapping into the ECU somewhere????

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Well, check to see if the fuel pump relay is turning on, fuse? The fuel pump is controlled by the relay which, if wired correctly, should be turned on as soon as you start cranking. Check the wire on your ECU to see if you are getting a singal from it and follow it to the fuel pump relay.

At the relay, you should have...

-Blank (No Power Or Ground)
-Constant Power 12V+
-Constant Power 12V+ On Switched Circuit.
-Switched Ground Controlled By Computer

When are checking the relay, you should see constant ground and two pins with constant power. The last pin should have a ground when the car is being cranked.

Keep in mind, some people when wiring their harness some just wire the fuel pump relay to the ignition, so when you key on, the pump runs.

I am not sure how your car was wired, jump the fuel pump relay and see what happens.

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
Thank you for the reply!!!

The fuel relay is jumped and the fuel pump goes on w/ switched power

-The fuel rail is getting 30lbs of fuel (can change to what ever- this just worked out nicely prior)
-The rturn is sending fuel back to the tank
-The injector pigtails are sending pulse
-The injectors are not squirting

Im trying to pull a code from the ECU but i cant figure out how.. Done tones of searching!!!
Bridging TE1/E1 then tapping into the check engine wire on ECU... Nope!

Damn this is sooo frustrating!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Pin w is for the check engine light. Should be able to wire that to the s13 check engine light.

If the fuel is there and pulses are there then the injectors would squirt fuel. IF there not could be bad. Be wierd if all of them went out at once tho.

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
yea its sooo crazy!
there is nothing s13 left to this car... I have a custom dash and aftermarket gauges...

Pin "W"?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I think you could hook it up to something like stock head light. Pretty sure all you need is a light bulb.

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
ok... what pin is "W" there is a "w" plug... But what pin do i tap? They are numbered on all the Pin outs ive seen

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

OK... Im an idieot... I just found W

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

I have tryed hooking all kinds of shit to that pin and i get no reaction... It is dead!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Are you getting power to the injector plugs? You can get a pulse, ground, from the computer, but if there is no 12V+ on the other pin, the injector won't fire.

If they still don't fire, you need to see if they are stuck closed which is weird since they were just running.

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
Ok so i just did a redneck check and put a half ounce of fuel down the plug hole and it fired!!!!
This is def a problem in my injector signal...
Does anyone know were i can find the wire diagram form the injectors...
It cant be complicated....
They are each grounded at rail they receive a pulse from ecu!!!
Ok to check my pig tails...
One pin should be 12V and the other G at cranking right?????

Thanks again guys!!!!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If its the same harness and is untouched i doubt its a wire problem. Sounds more like a ecu problem. Maybe pop the covers off and see what the capacitors look like.

Injectors get power from the ign switch and ground controlled by the ecu.

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
ok i have 12V at crank from both pins... now if the ECU is Not sending my ground signal.... There is my problem!

So now the question is how can i tell if my ECU is sending my ground signal???
Noid light???
ahhhhhh damn 1JZ why must you be worth all this hard work and research??!?!?!?!

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
Yea i forgot about the capaciter leakage problem we get... I will check that out tmr!!! Thanks!!! Master Bator i would love to trade you... I would boost til stoich!!! HAHAHAHAHHA

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
Ok... Noid test- DONE!
ECU check- DONE!
my pig tails are NOT sending signal to my injectors!
ECU has NO burnt or leaking capacitors!!!!

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
Anyone have an idea on how to test my ecu to see if its giving out pulse to the injectors? I know the pigtails arent getting any feedback... My harness looks legit... So its gotta be my ecu then right?!?!?!
Someone please help... Im lost here!!!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Easy, first check that with the key on, you have 12V+ at one of the pins, if so, then crank and check to see if you get a ground at the other pin. Ground should be present when cranking, not constant. 12V+ should be constant at one pin with the key on.

You can use a probe. I find it better than a test light.