1jz running weird

SupraKingz

Nov 16, 2007
Winnipeg,Manitoba
Yesterday I went drifting around my neighbourhood but then all of a sudden my engine light came on and my engine started running weird it doesn't seem like anything major like no knocking or odd noises. All that is happening is that if i drive it slowly and gradually bring the rpms higher the blow off valve starts pulsing and actuating and if i'm at a complete stop and hold throttle at about 2k rpm and hold it, it starts missing and cutting out. what could it be? haven't tested the codes to see what comes up yet.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
test the codes and get back to us. Check for vacuum leaks also. How old are the plugs and what are they gapped at?

SupraKingz

Nov 16, 2007
Winnipeg,Manitoba
I might need to replace plugs but would engine light go off if the plugs are filed. I'll let you know about the code on monday but when i try and start it, and it doesn't start at the moment because when i turn it over it sputters but if i lightly step on the gas pedal it'll jus barely keep itself running.

kanji1jz

kanji
Jan 16, 2008
tampa fl
google it. all answers are on the internet. not trying to be a dick, but...... go to google, type in "1jz engine codes" and go to first link, click, go to second or third post, click, scroll. it's that easy. took me less than two minutes.

SupraKingz

Nov 16, 2007
Winnipeg,Manitoba
yeah no kidding i did this and i now know its the afm meter but that could mean a few things and i also found results for the map sensor and various other things that the code 31 stands for so i'd rather take advice from someone that knows how to deal with code 31 then people that don't have a clue what they're talking about.

SupraKingz

Nov 16, 2007
Winnipeg,Manitoba
thx will let you guys know what happens after checking all sensors on monday. And I already checked both the boost pressure sensors, the one on the firewall and also the one buy the fuse box in engine bay.

SupraKingz

Nov 16, 2007
Winnipeg,Manitoba
With all the internet/forum searching it came down to the diagnosis of the map sensor being faulty and i have ordered a brand new in the box map sensor from toyota it ran me about 414$ CAD really pricey but i rather now i'm getting some new that won't break till the rest of the life of the car then buy something used and have it break a year later. I'll let you know what happens when i receive the new map sensor which should be in 2-3 days.