1JZ RPM breaking up at 3500ish, Sounds like spark cut rev limiter almost

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Just did a 1jz swap for a customer. Along with the full wiring. It has new spark plugs gaped correctly. There is no misfire under normal driving. It has a Walbro 255 fuel pump with a 12 gauge wire and 30 amp relay circut wired to it. I have logged voltage while under load and also fuel pressure and is holding great. No check engine codes either.

Here are a few videos. Im pressure sure it is an ECU problem.

[video=youtube;OxlOHdTLVas]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxlOHdTLVas[/video]

[video=youtube;Ke_f_yaQprs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke_f_yaQprs[/video]

Thanks,
Devin LeBlanc

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Unless they're cracked completely open EVERYWHERE I doubt it will be the coil packs. I know they cause break ups, but it's usually under boost and higher in the rpm range.........or at least mine did.
Have you tried a different ECU to see if it could be bad?

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Have already checked, It all looks pretty good.. Maybe one little trail out of 1 cap.. Which could definitely be causing it. Nobody else has seen this before?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If its leaking its leaking. Shouldnt have any leakage. The more it leaks the worse it gets as well.

mjsn1

Oct 18, 2009
Qatif
I had a similar thing. when i was cleaning the car some water leaked into the ECU and it did just that. so the problem is definitely from the ECU.

*james*

Dec 24, 2008
dmi
I have the same problem, just replaced my cracked coil packs with crackless coils and it didn't fix the problem.

Leaning towards the fuel pump now, as far as I know its the original. Checked the ecu before I got the motor running, it was fine, I guess I should probably double check it.