1JZ Rod Bolts

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
I'm chasing some rod bolts for my 1jz and just need some advice, firstly is there anyone besides Toyota who makes these because it is going to be a 3 week wait if I get the bolts from Toyota, secondly I have been told that 2JZ rod bolts can be used, but they will yield tighter or some crap and lead to a higher chance of a bearing going on me.

Third option which I don't really like is reusing my old rod bolts, if I was to use them for the 3 weeks it takes for Toyota to send out some new ones would it be safe? Or is it best to just wait out the 3 weeks or take a gamble with the ARP 2JZ rod bolts which is a 2 day wait...

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
ARP work even better., that's the best bet out of all your choices for a nice long lasting motor. Otherwise, what soapra said. Make sure you plastigauge everything if you're installing new bearings, that's what your mate probably ment when he told you about bearing failure.

Panchira!

Cressida+1jz+GKT550= :)
Jan 3, 2008
black hole
yep ARP 2j one work awsome heres the part # for the arp units:

203-6005

sm_photo_missing.jpg

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
Should be getting my ARP's today. Would I be correct to assume that you torque to the same specs as a 2jz? I don't really trust my mechanic, and since this is the last thing he will ever do to my car, want to make sure he doesn't break anything else :). Thanks

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
xsjado;962065 said:
Should be getting my ARP's today. Would I be correct to assume that you torque to the same specs as a 2jz? I don't really trust my mechanic, and since this is the last thing he will ever do to my car, want to make sure he doesn't break anything else :). Thanks

After you install them, you must have the rods resized with the new ARP bolts, to make sure that the big rod ends are still round.

Panchira!

Cressida+1jz+GKT550= :)
Jan 3, 2008
black hole
thats only if they are pressed in studs not bolts. as for torque specs follow ARP instructions! dont torque them to factory specs. and use the provided assembly lube.