1jz revs itself help

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
Guys i drove the car home last night from work and it acted fine nothing at all wrong. start this morning came to work and the check motor light came on and the car started to jerk and not want to rev past around 2000 rpm. then the light when off and car acted fine. well i drove it home at lunch and it was fine till i got a few miles from home then it start jerking agian no check light. then i start to leave work and it started fine, but then it just died. after a few mins of cranking and it just started and dieing it finaly started i back it in to my parking spot. the car is a 1992 1jz with 5 speed. i have never had any problems out of it before. i tried to check for codes but the check light doesn't blink at all it just stay lite. i check for the fuel and i have fuel but i haven't checked anything else beside the fuse under the hood and all looked fine.

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
also when the car did start for me to get back to my parking spot it would just rev itself to around 750-1200 rpm and just stayed at a soild vacum no boost past -10 to -5.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
I'm gonna say ECU failure. If you didn't touch anything and this just happened, it's the most likely culprit. Also the light staying solid is a giveaway something is wrong with the ECU.

You're gonna need to have the caps replaced.

too_stand

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2005
Campton Kentucky
Well my son and I just got a chance to check, the car does have a code 14 i just talked to Aarron at Drift Motion and the ecu is boxed and heading to him. i just don't understand how one can go down hill that fast.