1JZ PS feed/suction hose?

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
So my mechanic is working on a number of unrelaterd issues with my 1JZ to freshen it up, and he finds that the PS feed line/suction hose is rock hard & needs to be replaced. Problem is, the line does not appear to be a 7M or a 2JZ part. This is the line that feeds fluid from the reservoir to the pump. It has a 180 degree u-turn in it, and I'd rather use a molded hose than run 3 feet of straight hose in a curly-q to avoid kinking. Can anyone tell me a part number or make/model that this hose might have come from?

I solemnly swear that I searched here, SF, Google, etc., and almost every discussion I find seems to only deal with the high pressure hoses. Found one or two about the return lines, can't find the suction/feed line info. Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• 2010-05-03 13.29.29&.jpg
    2010-05-03 13.29.29&.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 29
These parts can be hard to find without checking at least another 20 places :icon_bigg

I *think* the correct part number is: 44348‑14110 - 44348A HOSE, OIL RESERVOIR TO PUMP, NO.1

This info was obtained from toyodiy.com parts system, I used my JDM limited chassis info to nav to the correct area.

Another good place for info is 1jz.com.

I would be interested if this is still available & how much you guys pay for it. If Toyota no longer make it then I don't see why any oil hose of the correct diameter wouldn't make that bend OK, it seems gentle enough....

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
Many thanks for the info! (Looks like I have another bookmark for my collection, too.) :thumbup:

If worse comes to worst, I will use straight hose, but with the 90 + 180 bends so close together, I have a feeling I'd need to use a good 24-30 inches to replace this 14-16" molded hose, and have to zip tie it into place to keep it from rubbing against things it shouldn't.

I'll be chatting with Jeff Watson at Champion Toyota shortly to see about the availability of that hose.

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
Looks like the 44348 part number is the 2JZ hose. No dice. Jeff Watson faxed me a parts catalog drawing of it, and it is not the hose in question unless the drawing is way off. Maybe I'll stop by a local dealer & ask for the MKIV hose to see what it looks like in person.

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
Tried for several days to find a proper hose, to no avail. Gonna cobble together a couple of slices of straight hose & some plastic 90-degree elbows instead of running 3 feet of hose.

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
/agree

But with these cars, especially with a 1JZ swap, you have to roll with the punches. With this part being a near zero-pressure line, we decide it wasn;t worth beating our heads against the wall to find the proper part when $5 worth of hose & fittings would cover it without looking entirely redneck engineered.