1jz Power Steering

Supraman0858

Supraman..
Dec 20, 2009
Miami FL
I'm wondering if anyone has a solution to setting up the power steering? If I remember on the 7M it was set up on the other side, so how are you running the lines is there any kind of quick fix for this?

I bought the 2jz ps line from driftmotion I know that it goes to the pump to replace the banjo bolt if im not mistaken this may sound dumb but where does the other end go to the rack??? I dont know.

Also I noticed on my 1j that the lines that runs under the motor over the oil pan are cut off does these lines have anything to do with the power steering. Can someone with some experience help me out with this I know its probably so simple but I never done this before:1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
2jz bolts to the pump goes under the pan then bolts to the rack. You should have gotten the braided line. I had the 2jz line and hated it. After i knocked my 1j and did my 1.5jz swap i just purchased the braided line 100X easier to install and hell of alot shorter. DO NOT forget to put a cooler or you will be buying a new p/s pump as well.

Supraman0858

Supraman..
Dec 20, 2009
Miami FL
OneJArpus;1489324 said:
2jz bolts to the pump goes under the pan then bolts to the rack. You should have gotten the braided line. I had the 2jz line and hated it. After i knocked my 1j and did my 1.5jz swap i just purchased the braided line 100X easier to install and hell of alot shorter. DO NOT forget to put a cooler or you will be buying a new p/s pump as well.

That's what I have. The braided line from driftmotion so it just bolts str8 form the pump to the rack right?? So the lines that's under the pan right now that are cut I should just remove them it looks like they jus broke them off when they took the motor out in japan or where ever it came from.

And the oil cooler ill just put that in between the outlet or return line and use the res from the 7M???