1JZ PCV Grommet or no Grommet?

YYCSupra

Getting back in the game
Aug 4, 2014
Alberta
I have a 1st generation 1JZ and it has a new PCV valve (part number 88402 5HW) and I bought an aftermarket one for the 2JZ (part number 045-0375) which looks completely different than the one in the car now. What I'm wondering is my car has NO rubber grommet in the valve cover. Do I need one? The 2JZ PCV valve seems to fit loosely in the valve cover compared to the one that's in it now, which leads me to think I need a grommet. If someone can chime in I'd really appreciate it. My car is smoking and I'm trying to knock off the cheap and easy stuff first (yes I know it might be the turbos...pulled downpipe off and no ash was present).

Thanks!

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
YYCSupra;2025542 said:
I have a 1st generation 1JZ and it has a new PCV valve (part number 88402 5HW) and I bought an aftermarket one for the 2JZ (part number 045-0375) which looks completely different than the one in the car now. What I'm wondering is my car has NO rubber grommet in the valve cover. Do I need one? The 2JZ PCV valve seems to fit loosely in the valve cover compared to the one that's in it now, which leads me to think I need a grommet. If someone can chime in I'd really appreciate it. My car is smoking and I'm trying to knock off the cheap and easy stuff first (yes I know it might be the turbos...pulled downpipe off and no ash was present).

Thanks!

I ran into the same problem, what I did is went to pep boys, they have a pack of them of different sizes, I found one that work in it.

YYCSupra

Getting back in the game
Aug 4, 2014
Alberta
Thanks guys,
Funny thing was, the one that was in it before has a plastic base that is thicker than the 2JZ one. Without the grommet, it seemed to sit in there nice a flush. I'll buy the grommet from Toyota and go from there.