1jz or 2jz?

juncboi

Yeah, snooping around.
Jan 31, 2009
Sacramento
2J turbo. That's what I plan to do. I think it costs a little bit on the front end but good benefits over the long haul.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I would say 1j. because you can just start modding it with no worries of bhg. I have had both. Just my opinion. Plus it looks a lot sexier. I'm gonna take the next step tho and go 2j in a 87.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Since people have figured out how to do the wiring and other minor mods to drop a 2JZ with little fuss, it's a no brainer to go 2JZ. 1JZ's are getting more rare, thus more expensive. Smaller engine, crap cams, crap turboes, it's gonna cost you over going directly to 2Jz... Look at all the guys that went 1JZ, pushed the hell out of them, didn't get the numbers they wanted, and then went 1.5JZ.

iLOVEmyMKIII

Apr 25, 2010
LA
Poodles;1610768 said:
Since people have figured out how to do the wiring and other minor mods to drop a 2JZ with little fuss, it's a no brainer to go 2JZ. 1JZ's are getting more rare, thus more expensive. Smaller engine, crap cams, crap turboes, it's gonna cost you over going directly to 2Jz... Look at all the guys that went 1JZ, pushed the hell out of them, didn't get the numbers they wanted, and then went 1.5JZ.

so i should rather just go with the 2jz?
im going to spend the same as a 1jz?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
S.A. supra;1610696 said:
2j for sure. The swap will cost about the same. might as well go all the way.

iLOVEmyMKIII;1610871 said:
so i should rather just go with the 2jz?
im going to spend the same as a 1jz?

You need basicly the same crap for both 1jz/2jz bell housing, fly wheel mounts, ect...