1JZ OR 2JZ? WHY?

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
i wish i went 2jz to begin with, and now i am..

no replacment for displacment.. 1jz is good....... if you dont want to go that fast

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
i was going to go 1J, i decided to go 2J, for 2 reasons, first being i would like to keep it mostly stock as possable, and get a decent amount of reliable power out of it. Now 1J might have been able to do the same for me, but here comes reason 2, theres only 1 other 2J locally, and i like to set myself apart from the rest, in prety much everything i do. I guess i could say reason 3, would be becasue the first time i heard of a 2J in a MKIII (before i owned my first supra) i knew i wanted to buy a MKIII, and swap in a 2J. So i guess you could call it meeting a goal i set for myself 7 years ago.

The Reaper said:
but as for these threads do whatever the F**K IT IS THAT YOU WANT!! who cares what other people think?

people with 2J's in mkiii's have it the hardest die hard mkiii owners hatem cause its not a true mkiii anymore and mkiv owners usually hate the mkiii either way LOL

i baught my 2J, Duane called me a few days after. Now, Duane is without a doubt the most die hard fan of the 7M that i know (ask to see his tatty) I figured he was going to be a little angry that i decided to ditch the 7M, after i told him, all i got was a evil laugh, followed by "cool dude, thats going to be sweet" IMO, a MKIII lover, will always apriciate any MKIII, no matter what motor its got in it.

Last edited:

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
you'd be surprised

alot of the tampa peeps dont like the idea very much

as for your reasons they are good ones

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
This is making me regret my 1jz and I haven't even started the swap yet............:nono:

I do like to go fast, and hopefully with a few upgrades the 1jz will be what I need. I just want to be able to SPANK mustang gt's and srt4's. That's not that much to ask of a supra..................lol

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
Why can't we make a big sticky here which has all the relevent posts from all the 1jz vs 2JZ vs 7M vs 1uz vs jet engine threads?

Just a thought.

HamsMKIII

Yes, it's fast...
Dec 16, 2005
Saginaw, Tx
The thread asked about why someone decided on a swap... I simply posted that given the chance to do things again, I would have swapped a 2JZ instead of a 1JZ.

I'm not knocking any of the 3 motors, they are ALL good for various reasons.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
HamsMKIII said:
The thread asked about why someone decided on a swap... I simply posted that given the chance to do things again, I would have swapped a 2JZ instead of a 1JZ.

I'm not knocking any of the 3 motors, they are ALL good for various reasons.

No sweat Hams. If nothing else, you will be one of the very few than can speak with experience with all three motors...

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
i just faced the fact a 2j would be hard to come by. so im building up the 7m. and i think the 1j just wouldnbt be worth all the hassle

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Yblegal91t said:
i just faced the fact a 2j would be hard to come by. so im building up the 7m. and i think the 1j just wouldnbt be worth all the hassle

Hindsight 20/20 tells me that the 1J swap isn't a hassle at all, just costs some coin to do it right, IMO. With that said, the motor goes in today & I'm hoping to fire it up tonight, so I'll hold some reservations until I'm completed...

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
rakkasan said:
Hindsight 20/20 tells me that the 1J swap isn't a hassle at all, just costs some coin to do it right, IMO. With that said, the motor goes in today & I'm hoping to fire it up tonight, so I'll hold some reservations until I'm completed...
haha hopfully jayson got it right ;)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
7Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nough said :biglaugh:

Just kidding. The 3 engines are all great. I decided to stick with the 7M since I have all bugs worked out and have too many custom parts made for it anyway.

I say good on you for what you chose as you are the one that needs to be happy. I get "why didn't you build up a 2J" all the time :3d_frown:

Anyway later

Duane

Jayhall (Daryl) You know I am a MKIII guy and I will still let you be my friend :icon_razz

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
suprahero said:
This is making me regret my 1jz and I haven't even started the swap yet............:nono:

I do like to go fast, and hopefully with a few upgrades the 1jz will be what I need. I just want to be able to SPANK mustang gt's and srt4's. That's not that much to ask of a supra..................lol

i can't say that i'm going to regret it.

I will get to leave my Problimatic 7M behind. This one that is , my last 7M was Fine. On the other hand 2J's are great but with the difuculty and cost involved i think the 1J is a great middle ground. that why i went with it. Hald Decent HP Stock, not crazy expensive and not too dificult to install

I better be able to spank some Stang and SRT4's Or i will be one sad Bob

My 1J will be starting off pretty much stock other then an Intake and Full 3" from the Turbos Back ( Well a Y-Pipe and then Full 3")

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
bobiseverywhere said:
i can't say that i'm going to regret it.

I will get to leave my Problimatic 7M behind. This one that is , my last 7M was Fine. On the other hand 2J's are great but with the difuculty and cost involved i think the 1J is a great middle ground. that why i went with it. Hald Decent HP Stock, not crazy expensive and not too dificult to install

I better be able to spank some Stang and SRT4's Or i will be one sad Bob

My 1J will be starting off pretty much stock other then an Intake and Full 3" from the Turbos Back ( Well a Y-Pipe and then Full 3")

You will run 13's if you have JUST an exahust and DP ;) I did

Duane