1JZ on the way

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
Okay. I just bought a 1jz with auto tranny, uncut wiring harness, ECU, intercool w/piping, stock downpipe, and i think thats it (havent received it yet).... I know i'll need a 2jz ignitor. One question: What else will I need to make the swap work. I will be bolting my r154 up to it so yes i know I'll need a flywheel (which one will work for it??) it will be going into a 1991 turbo 5spd w/r154 already in it. Let me know guys, this will be my first so any guidance will surely help.

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
actually the auto ecu works with the 5spd tranny. many forum members are still on theres with no problems.

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
Stretch said:
The 2jz flywheel works with the 1jz fyi. the 7m will not, they have different lug patterns.
eric

The 2JZ V160 clutch won't work with the R154. You need a 1JZ flywheel, which is the same as the 7M flywheel but with a different bolt pattern.
You'll also need a 1JZ bellhousing.

www.driftmotion.com either has or can source most anything you'll need, and they're prices are good for new parts.

joey_daze

KILL UR CORPORATE MASTERS
Apr 6, 2005
Tung Chung, Hong Kong
mobes said:
The 2JZ V160 clutch won't work with the R154. You need a 1JZ flywheel, which is the same as the 7M flywheel but with a different bolt pattern.
You'll also need a 1JZ bellhousing.

www.driftmotion.com either has or can source most anything you'll need, and they're prices are good for new parts.

Jeff watson has a better price... Toyota world in texas

NecroCyde

Lurk R
Apr 5, 2005
Calgary/Brooks, Alberta Canada
dont forget youll need the 2jz/1jz bellhousing (w58/r154), your 7m clutch should work, youll just need the correct flywheel as stated. dont forget youll have to deal with the neutral safety switch when dealing with the harness when using the 1j auto ecu and harness with a 5 speed.

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
NecroCyde said:
dont forget youll need the 2jz/1jz bellhousing (w58/r154), your 7m clutch should work, youll just need the correct flywheel as stated. dont forget youll have to deal with the neutral safety switch when dealing with the harness when using the 1j auto ecu and harness with a 5 speed.

Neutral safety switch?? is that bad?

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
you can get a bellhousing from champion toyota here in houston. i just walked in and bought a 1JZ bellhousing for $300, no probs.