1jz not starting after going single, HELP!!

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
So when I tried to start it for the first time it was a no go, noticed that the safe is not powering up either now. What should I check to see what happened?
I also wired in 7m resistor pack for the 550's

scmaluco

May 16, 2012
BayArea
mk3tattoos;1869797 said:
So when I tried to start it for the first time it was a no go, noticed that the safe is not powering up either now. What should I check to see what happened?
I also wired in 7m resistor pack for the 550's

best thing to do is to go over what you have installed in this case resistor pack . check your grounds. power to the SAFC

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
Got the safe to turn on and the engine to turn over and run, but only because there was power applied to the main relay. Seems I'm not getting power to the wire the goes to it, the black wire with orange stipe:/
Trying to figure out why there is no power there now!
Anyone?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
double check every connection i can easily see a loose ic pipe preventing starting. we also dont know if its actually turning over or clicking or what you did touch a lot so slowly retrace your steps. worse case i'd replace the injectors with the known working ones and bypassing the resister pack for now just to try it out.. sometimes you need to do mods one at a time difficult when you do a few ;)

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
tlo86;1869873 said:
double check every connection i can easily see a loose ic pipe preventing starting. we also dont know if its actually turning over or clicking or what you did touch a lot so slowly retrace your steps. worse case i'd replace the injectors with the known working ones and bypassing the resister pack for now just to try it out.. sometimes you need to do mods one at a time difficult when you do a few ;)

mke sure your ater temp sensor is plugged in.. or not broken wires. it will just crank if its not..

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Did you cut the right wire in the right place for the resistor pack?

Thats why i mentioned just soldering a resistor inline. Can do it by each clip.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Did you rub the nipples and ask nicely?

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood... good luck!

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
So I figured out the resistor wiring, It took me long enough:)
The problem I am having is that I'm not getting power to the main relay in the fuse box under the hood. The wire that is black with orange stipe is getting no power to it.
My volt meter took a shit so I had to make a test light last night:/
If I apply power to the black with orange stripe then my ecu and safc will turn on.

I'm not sure what to check next to see why I'm not getting power to that wire.

But I did get it to fire up:) but only due to the band aid, so

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Where are you checking the power to the black and orange wire? My buddy told me that some of the ecus mrel circuits go bad. But if you bypass the ecu and run the mrel to the igsw. It should power it up. Never tried it but this is what he tells me.

Last edited: