1jz not firing

ma70mkiii

Jul 16, 2007
ohio
ok im stumped. i have replaced my igniter and i am getting fuel and i hooked up my guage cluster and i dont have a check engine light on when the key in on the ON position. I checked for spark and I still have no spark. Can anyone tell me what it might be that it wont fire.

homeskillet305

Sep 11, 2008
Miami, FL
p1242234_1.gif

do you power (12v) at t1, t2, and t12 when the ignition switch is on the on position?

ma70mkiii

Jul 16, 2007
ohio
no i havent tried the pins on the ecu. yes i have opened the ecu and everything was fine. thats why i was so puzzled. the first thing i thought was blown caps on the board because i hear about it often on here and the firing command goes from the ecu to the igniter if im not mistaken.

ma70mkiii

Jul 16, 2007
ohio
ok. but what if there is 12v to those points. given the situation there wont right. btw i have fuel i have no spark. trust me fuel is not the problem.

zoonwen

1JZ Supra
Apr 27, 2005
Denton, TX
Oh ok, totally read your first post wrong. lol

ma70mkiii;1242446 said:
ok. but what if there is 12v to those points. given the situation there wont right. btw i have fuel i have no spark. trust me fuel is not the problem.

homeskillet305

Sep 11, 2008
Miami, FL
if you do have 12v at those places then check crank angle sensor and the wiring to it and also check your grounds for the ecu and thats all i can think of right now

ma70mkiii

Jul 16, 2007
ohio
ok. im still learning a little bit does anyone have a pic where the crank sensor is located and a good method of testing.

ma70mkiii

Jul 16, 2007
ohio
im just finishing up the swap and i tried firing a while back and had no spark. so i opened the igniter and it appeared that it was fried so i ordered a new one and still no spark i have yet to fire this motor so it has never been fired in my possesion. also i realized that i have not hooked up the two black wires from the alternater to the fuse box. im going to my garage tomorrow. would these wires prevent the motor from firing?

ma70mkiii

Jul 16, 2007
ohio
i worked on the car today and now my ignition switch took a dump the ecu is sometimes getting power to points t1,2, and 12. there is still not check engine light when the ignition is on the on position. is the ign. switch going to prevent the other things from working right?

Dr Tweak

If you have no solid check engine light with the key one, then there is one of four possibilities:

1. There is no power to the ECU on pins +B and IGSW
2. There is no ground for the ECU on pin E1 specifically
3. Your check engine light isn't working (ground the W pin at the ECU to check it)
4. Your ECU is bad (least likely).

ma70mkiii

Jul 16, 2007
ohio
well at first on pins t1 and 12 i had less than half a volt and 2.5-2.6 on t2. then i ran jumper wires to the ecu and all of a sudden it had a full 12v to all 3 pins and then it went back to same old. i determined the ign. sw. issue by tickling the starter. why would the voltage on the 3 "t" pins fluxuate?

ma70mkiii

Jul 16, 2007
ohio
i know the injectors are working because when i took the plug out of cylinder #1 i smelled fresh fuel in the chamber.