1jz megasquirt crank/ cam help

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok I'm hoping someone has a base map or can at least point me in the right direction here is my setup.
megasquirt 2(v3.0 pcb) with zeal board to bring second vr signal in. All stock 1jz running stock coils and injectors. Just unsure of what to set the cranking signals and tooth settings to get the right input. Any input would be great. Also I'm running injectors in two banks 135/246. And coils 16/25/34. Thanks in advance

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Are you using the stock wiring?

If so that will not work as inj is batch fired in 3 pairs and coils are sequential.

Also with stock coils your going to have a very hard time running batch on them from what I have read.

The crank is 12 tooth no missing teeth and the cam is 1 tooth only.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm running three bips for the coils. It will fire just like a wasted spark. I figure the fuel will not be efficient at all but it should work...

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
Fwd tooth angle is 365* (that's the one i'm using)
Aft is 5* if I remember correctly.

Tooth-angle always needs fine-tuning on YOUR setup, but 365/5* are a good starting-point.
Command 10* fixed timing, and adjust trigger up or down to get it spot on.

I would not recommend only two injector drivers on 6 cylinders, it will have terrible idle and cruise-quality.
Three drivers minimum, for Semi-Sequential 6-cylinders..... gives you a half-decent idle quality. That's my opinion.
Full sequential gives you smoooth idle and criuse.... full sequential for the win, always.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
this is great info. One other question what do you set as the actual spark mode? twin trigger? im running the newest version of mstunerstudio.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
SupraSean;1943615 said:
this is great info. One other question what do you set as the actual spark mode? twin trigger? im running the newest version of mstunerstudio.

PM me your email address and ill send you my .msq.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
The JZ trigger-system is called "Dual Wheel".
12 tooth crank (no misssing tooth)
1tooth cam

If sensors are wired correct (in terms of polarity) you should end up with "Rising Edge" on both cam and crank.
Falling edge on Cam can be used if polarity is wrong, but you might loose synch above 3-4000rpms.
All vr-pots is fully counter clockwise on my setup, nice strong and clear signals. New built wiring, DIYAUTOTUNE shielded signal wires on all vr-sensors.

Its all covered well in the manual, it's a bunch of other stuff you need to know before you go much further...ie, coil setup, dwell, injector dead time, ISCV-wiring, o2 sensor calibration, TPS Calibration, Battery vs dwell correction....its alot to get in to, but once you know the reason for theese settings, you know whats wrong very quickly if something doesn't add up in the future.