1JZ Map question

A70HIRO

Feb 1, 2006
Fremont, Ca.
i was told that since the 1JZ is MAP based, i could take the piping for the intake into the turbo off and put a screen on the turbo. can anyone tell me if this is true or not? still confused? well the other way i can word it is just straight turbo, no filter/piping...

also, no, i do not have a 1JZ but i would like to know just for my knowledge....

say i were to have a 1JZ, what are the benefits to upgrading to a 2JZ Map Sensor?

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
A70HIRO said:
i was told that since the 1JZ is MAP based, i could take the piping for the intake into the turbo off and put a screen on the turbo. can anyone tell me if this is true or not? still confused? well the other way i can word it is just straight turbo, no filter/piping...

also, no, i do not have a 1JZ but i would like to know just for my knowledge....

say i were to have a 1JZ, what are the benefits to upgrading to a 2JZ Map Sensor?

Okay, I think you can do that ...but you'll probably ruin the turbos and the cams and engine internals once some sand or hard dust gets sucked in.

A 2jz map senssor helps move the boost cut a bit higher. I believe it has a higher voltage - 5V or something.

I see you are in Fremont...pretty close by to me.

devil358

in ur sink
Apr 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
if changing to a 2jz sensor, what all needs to be done other than wiring it in? car gonna run ok with just wiring it in, or does it need some tuning or larger injectors to offset it?