1jz MAF Sensor

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Hey all first post on these boards. I have over 100 posts on other supra forums. So I'm definitely not new to MK3 Supras. But i am new to a 1jz. I found a 1jz im interested in and it doesnt come with a MAF. Where can I find one? I searched on ebay dozens of times and came up with nothing. Anyone know? Thanks.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
dcrusupra87 said:
Hey all first post on these boards. I have over 100 posts on other supra forums. So I'm definitely not new to MK3 Supras. But i am new to a 1jz. I found a 1jz im interested in and it doesnt come with a MAF. Where can I find one? I searched on ebay dozens of times and came up with nothing. Anyone know? Thanks.

1jZ does not have "MAF" sensor.

They are "MAP" sensor based, and you can use either the 1jz one or the 2jz one, they both work fine.

Used, they are about a 100 dollars or so. New, you can get the 2jz one for around 250 dollars i think.

Look on Supra Forums 1jz for sale section , they have them listed once in a while.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Lol, told u im new to 1jzs. Ok so MAP sensor. Thank you. Well it goes to show you that these guys selling the 1jz dont kno anything about the motor. I asked them that question and they all said no it doesnt. Well thank you m'man. Ill probably be posting a lot to learn more about them and useful tips on how to put it in. Like short cuts and such.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
thanks soapra big help, i found the MAP sensor and the 2j power steering line, but how about the 2j throttle cable. I heard I need one for the swap. or ive heard of them being looped or something i dont kno. not sure

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
About the MAP sensor - keep in mind that you will have the same difficulty getting a 1JZ OR 2JZ MAP sensor, as they are both JDM parts; the US/Export spec 2JZ is MAF, so don't expect to get one at your local Toyota parts counter or junkyard.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Ok. Thanks turbo joe. well maybe someone can help me further now. I have an 87 N/A 5 speed right now. What parts will I need that usually dont come with the engine/tranny swap? Besides the 89+ crossmember or motor mounts. The one im looking at already includes the transmission, ecu, wiring harness, block, turbos, intake manifold, complete head, sensors, exhaust manifold, fuel rail, injectors, throttle body, ignition wires, and power steering pump. And from the picture it looks like it has a stock downpipe still attatched but was never mentioned.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
dcrusupra87 said:
Ok. Thanks turbo joe. well maybe someone can help me further now. I have an 87 N/A 5 speed right now. What parts will I need that usually dont come with the engine/tranny swap? Besides the 89+ crossmember or motor mounts. The one im looking at already includes the transmission, ecu, wiring harness, block, turbos, intake manifold, complete head, sensors, exhaust manifold, fuel rail, injectors, throttle body, ignition wires, and power steering pump. And from the picture it looks like it has a stock downpipe still attatched but was never mentioned.
you get that jhot one i was looking at on ebay???? hahah

2jz waterpump, pully, fan... use the stock radiator since you dont have the hydro fan setup..
power steering resivour or some sort. adapt the NA to the left side of the bay ??
a 7mgte/1jzgte driveshaft (7mgte one works correct??)

all i can think of now

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
No, that was a good deal tho. I'm lookin at the other 2 (jdmenginescorp and vtec motors (ugh)) Buying something from someone that has the name vtec makes me weary lol. But thanks man. Good info. I havent bought anything yet. I'm gonna repost this on a new thread so i can get some more help.