1JZ into 94 GS300, transmission question.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Dropping the 1JZ out of my Supra into my 94 GS. Question is, the GS already has an Aristo trans in it, that has been beefed up. With the 1JZ engine, which transmission can I use? The 1JZ right now, has a JZA70 Supra auto behind it. That I cannot use with out getting a custom driveshaft done right? I am using Aristo electronics if it matters.

Any help appreciated, thanks!!!

-Bryan

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You can use the aristo trans that you have now. The bolt pattern and all that is the same between 1 and 2jz.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
hvyman;1857964 said:
You can use the aristo trans that you have now. The bolt pattern and all that is the same between 1 and 2jz.
This is what I was thinking... same A340/341E in both setups, correct? OP, have you tried mounting them together yet? As 1j and 2j engines share bellhousings, you should be good to go with the beefed up auto you already have. :)

Not saying there aren't ANY differences, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Thanks guys, I assumed the bell housing patterns would be the same, just wasn't sure about the converter going into and flex plate bolting up to, the 1J block. I have not had a chance to try them, as the Aristo trans is in the GS which is still being driven currently. Sitting outside the shop right now actually...in the rain. :(

But this was the last thing holding me back from going forward with this. Thanks again for the replies.

Ninja Edit: Off-topic, will a 2JZ GE A/C compressor work on the 1J? The 1J currently does not have it, as the Supra is more of a race car, and had it all removed. But not having A/C in a Lexus is just wrong, so I was wondering if I could just bolt it up the 1JZ block, and use it with the swap.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
If I remember correctly, he AC compressor sitting on my engine might be the same one that was in the car when we pulled the 7m out... but I could be wrong, it has been a while since the swap. 1j and 2j have their accessories in the same spot. :)

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
LongGone;1858335 said:
ohhh another boosted gs300 ::w00t::

I too have a 94 gs300 and love it. mine is the aristo swapped.

Sweet man, I can't wait to boost mine. It's fun right now N/A, but it needs more, A LOT more. Got any pics?

I was going to do an Aristo swap as well into the GS, but the Aristo 2J I have is all apart right now. And I have just gotten tired of the GS being slow, and really have always wanted a 2J in the Supra. Plus with the 1JZ coming out of the Supra, everything is there, so no trying to source this part, or that part. I'm going to build it, and it will be going into the Supe with some kind of ball bearing billet goodness bolted to the left side of it. But that's on down the road. Found out I'm going to be a daddy last week, so now have to rush to get the Lexus done before my wife gives birth sometime next year. Literally just found out, we are not even sure how far along she is.

For the compressor, good idea to have it rebuilt while the engine is out of the car, or is that something that can even be done? A/C works great now, but would rather have it freshened while it easy to get to if I can.

Thanks again for the replies guys, the fun of another engine swap begins!!!