1jz idle issue

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
Gladstone, Oregon, United States
hey im having an issue with my 1jzgte motor after about 30k on the swap, one day i was driving it and i noticed the rpm needle was moving up and down on its own down from 0 up to 7k rpms yet my car was at its normal revs and not were the needle said it was ? then it just died idk what to do i replaced the idle air control valve and still it starts up then after its warmed up it just dies i cant think of anything other then that idle air control valve that would cause it to do this since the ecu is brand new rebuilt and never had any issues for 30k any help would be appreciated

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
no i put 15k miles on the motor with the new ecu im thinking it might be the fuel pump ive never replaced the fuel pump but the rpm needle starts to jump around right before it dies and im just assuming im loosing fuel to the motor since it idles perfect and it only happens after warming up but im just kicking around idea's

ma70suprawoner

May 5, 2010
ok well the ingnitor is sitting about the intake manifold on the firewall and just wondering if it being so close to the motor and getting more of the engine heat im guessing but being mounted on the firewall close to the motor would that cause any issues ?
any ideas on were to start looking would be a great help i checked my ecu for swallon caps and its in perfect shape