1JZ-GTE - CT-12 Wastegates

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
If the check engine light comes on for a few seconds the shuts off, that's fuel cut.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Definitely fuel cut on a 1j you have there NC. Colder temperatures are why I had to take off the boost controller when it got colder. Even with just a y-pipe and exhaust, my car hits 15-17 psi when the ambient temps start dropping below 30°F. Try restricting the exhaust just a bit if it's easy enough for you, that should help for now.

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
dammit i just hit it again! Guy in a s2000 got on highway and zooms by me. I leisurely caught up to and sat behind him, he guns it and i accelerate, I was basically waiting for him to go so I didnt rearend him, hah! I was just about to drop the hammer after he finally got some speed and then bam, fuel cut. I let him go and exited the highway. Funny thing is, it only seems to happen under a slow, steady acceleration. When I put my foot into it and really get on it, it pulls hard and wont hit the fuel cut, strange right? Yeah I think I am going to throw the cat back on later this week.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
i have a aem tru boost. i run at 14.6 psi all day long never hits cut. but if i try for 14.8 lol i hit cut. i have set the tru boost to open wastgate up at 15psi just incase i get a spike. i am going to wire out the fuel cut soon. but for now i have to deal with it

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
why dont you get a fcd, witch i dont recomend. or maybe go with a afc and larger injectors and tune it to raise the fuel cut ?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
nctexan;1897947 said:
Will the act of repeatidly hitting fuel cut damage anything?
Kinda wondering this myself, recently was playing with a Subaru and my wastegate line blew off... saw the boost gauge spike a bit before letting off.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
hmm would hooking up an electronic boost controller and only hitting about 9lbs of boost be a boost leak or could it be caused by weak waste gate springs? I haven't even reached fuelcut and I turned the duty cycle from 50-70 and it made absolutely no difference. I've checked for boost leaks through my FMIC but I think it might be from the of the old rubber connectors off the intake piping. But I haven't even tried to shim the wastegates. My turbo's are also Albert's steel rebuilds so I know their functioning correctly.

oh and stock boost has no loss but pushing more boost would show a sign of a leak?