1jz gte automatic trans questions

brokeforspeed

Sep 12, 2014
destin fl
Whats up guys
I am in the process of swapping a 1jzgte auto into my auto 85 c/s. I have the basic wiring done. What I am trying to find out is what wires are required to make the auto work correctly. The swap came with everything(edu,map,trans), and everything is hooked up to the ecu from the engine side. (the first two plugs, c88 and c84 from wilbo666) The swap did not come with the other two plugs (85/86). I bought the two plugs from drift motion as well as the wiring for them. The harness does have the multiple body plugs (power to the injectors, trac control, abs) you get the drift. I have the dash apart and would really like to get the wiring done and get this thing back together. I can't seem to find a definite answer to what will have to be hooked up for the auto to shift. I have heard that the trans has internal speed sensors and that it will shift on its own without the ecu. Can anyone confirm this. I also would like to put the trans into power mode for more aggressive shifting if possible. I have been doing research on the wiring for about 8 months, but cannot find the answers that I need. I know that the manual swap would be much better, but do to a knee replacement I don't need anymore use on the my left side that what has to be done. Thanks for any help
Rusty

Shitzu

Former 1.5jz-Powered MKIV
Apr 6, 2005
Lakewood, CA
I just completed a 1jz chaser auto swap into my MK3 auto. From what I can tell you, yes you can shift the auto trans manually. On the driver side of the auto trans there's 2 speed sensors, the one that is closest to the middle of the trans is the SP2, which the ECU needs to see to do the shifting, without this it will not shift. Make sure your S1, S2, SL(S3), SP2, OD1 & OD2 are hooked up.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I am going to use the 1JZ auto, w/2JZ-GE engine/harness/ECU. I'd like to have the 2JZ ecu control the tranny (30-41LE, or A341) and it has the provision for mechanical speedo cable.

Do any of you already have something documented/complete for this.