1JZ Fuel Question

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
So right now I have a 1J with 2j cams sitting in Texas.
I'm looking at doing a single turbo upgrade soon and wanted to sort out my fuel before hand.

What I have so far is :
Walbro 255
Denso 720cc injectors(Not installed yet and missing pigtails)
Stock ECU with Greddy EMB (I'm not a tuner so I would have to get some one to help street tune it till I can get it dyno'd)

What I plan on buying:

Driftmotion Fuel rail for topfeed injectors
Driftmotion FPR kit
Pigtails for injectors (I'm guessing these would work? http://www.driftmotion.com/Denso-Top-Slot-Conn-F1-p/dm1570.htm)

Would the above be enough for a single kit? I'm only looking at like 400-450ish (Hoping).

Also with those injectors do I need to get a resistor pack?

Thanks for the info, I'm a photographer so I haven't really been keeping up with car stuff lately as I'm active duty as well (Stationed in Guam).

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Are the injectors side feed or top feed? High z or low z?

720cc injectors are too big for stock Ecu. Better off running 440 and a safc. Or switching to a standalone.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
hvyman;1990596 said:

720cc injectors are too big for stock Ecu. Better off running 440 and a safc. Or switching to a standalone.

I'll know more about that in a while, I'm waiting for that information from my brother since they are In Texas. What does SAFC have that greddy emanage won't handle? Also if it's too much then would 2J injectors be able to handle the power I'm trying to get?

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
550cc MKIV injectors will handle the power you are going for, and they plug into the stock rail. I've done 437whp on them with an Aristo ECU and an SAFC. I've done higher than that, probably 500ish, but not on a dyno. I wouldn't push the Walbro and the 550s past 450whp-ish just to have a little safety cushion, they both are about at their limits past 450.

So you would just need the FPR kit out of the list you have up there. Might want to get them cleaned if you buy them used.

edit - they are also low impedance so you may need a resistor pack for them. You may need one for the aftermarket injectors you were planning on also.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
JPsToyota;1990724 said:
550cc MKIV injectors will handle the power you are going for, and they plug into the stock rail. I've done 437whp on them with an Aristo ECU and an SAFC. I've done higher than that, probably 500ish, but not on a dyno. I wouldn't push the Walbro and the 550s past 450whp-ish just to have a little safety cushion, they both are about at their limits past 450.

So you would just need the FPR kit out of the list you have up there. Might want to get them cleaned if you buy them used.

edit - they are also low impedance so you may need a resistor pack for them. You may need one for the aftermarket injectors you were planning on also.

Thanks for the info, maybe i'll sell of my Denso injectors for some 550

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
buy some sard injectors that are high-z for GTE-engines.
fits straight into stock fuel rail.

google it.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
hvyman;1990596 said:

They are Denso 720cc top feed high imp injectors part number 195500-0830

Would these be ok for my 1J if I used a 2J resistor pack, the DM fuel rail, FPR, walbro and EMB for tuning? Also what else would be needed to run those injectors?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Don't need a resistor pack if there high z. You will need a too feed rail tho.

That would be fine.