1JZ flywheels for the R154 trans - group buy - interest?

Adrenaline

Crazy Canuck
Sep 27, 2005
Toronto, Canada
OK, after much time on the phone with Fidanza and Spec, I am ready to move on with getting some stock of these flywheels. If you are ready and willing to buy, please post or email me and I'll firm up the pricing this week.
The Fidanza will be aluminum with steel insert, same for the SPEC unit, but also available in steel - priced lower.

Spring is here, and it's boosting weather!

mfvmx

Mar 9, 2006
Virginia
Adrenaline said:
More details to follow - pricing, weight, full specs on both versions from SPEC, and soon from Fidanza
I am very interested also. What is different on these compared to 2jz flywheels which are said to work?

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
mfvmx said:
I am very interested also. What is different on these compared to 2jz flywheels which are said to work?
2JZ flywheels don't work with the R154 clutch, the only way they work is if you swap in a V160 (GTE flywheel) or W58 (N/A flywheel).

mfvmx

Mar 9, 2006
Virginia
After looking closely at some 2jz pics I see where the differnce is. The alignment pins are in different places and of course the 2jzgte flywheel has a much larger clutch contact area. So I am all in let me know when you get some prices.

devil358

in ur sink
Apr 6, 2005
Richmond, VA
ok...seems like a bunch of people want to jump on board with this...so is there any news?? are we going after false hopes or what? I'd like to know how much it's gonna be...and I'm sure there's a lot of jz people biting thier nails over this one....lol.....please update us!